Anyone ordered from Der Franzose recently?

Pug72

Fellow Frogger
Hi all

I placed an order on 2 February and am still waiting. DHL are not being helpful even though they were the courier agent. DHL are stating that:

DHL Express is an International Air Express company and we are not involved in eCommerce deliveries in any country. The eCommerce service is an international postal service that utilises the national postal service of the receiving country to complete delivery. This is a deferred service that has limited or no tracking available. Most eCommerce parcels are delivered in Australia by Australia Post. If you believe that your shipment has been delayed beyond reason or lost then you would need to contact the supplier that sent your shipment."

I have checked with Australia Post and they have no record of the Parcel entering Australia.

I've never had any issues over the years, but I'm guessing that Covid is really delaying international postage.

I've just messaged Der Franzose again to see if they can chase from their end.

I ordered in January and it arrived within 2 weeks. I plan to order again with them again tonight and hope it isn’t a problem!

I am also waiting on an orderfromearly February but cannot get the DHL tracking site to give me an updute on its location since the 6th of Feb

Yes, my consignment took a long time, and delivered a day after I rechecked parcel tracking only to be told “ no information yet logged“
I do know because of the business I am in that international freight has gone completely nuts, with times and pricing very volatile

Der Franzose replied to me overnight...apparently as of the start of February parcels are being sent by ship as air freight is being limited to "essential services" only.

so I'll keep waiting...

Darn! I ordered last night and am in a hurry for one particular item in my order. Hopefully I’m lucky.

Der Franzose replied to me overnight...apparently as of the start of February parcels are being sent by ship as air freight is being limited to "essential services" only.

so I'll keep waiting...
with Seafreight my experience is minimum three months - everything has to transit through Singapore for some reason and there's variability on how long containers sit there before resuming their journeys.

People with orders in must hope their freight is on the right side of the Suez Canal blockage. If they don't move the ship quickly orders coming by sea will be a long wait.

just saw that on the news as well....I am waiting on a front brake caliper piston so I can rebuild my front brakes. I have one piston set already so it is frustrating

franzose deliveries have suffered badly during the COVID thing. I have had to wait months for shipments, once it leaves their hands it seems to disappear into a DHL shipping warehouse for months at a time, eventually appearing on your doorstep. F service is good, no issue, but they should reconsider their delivery agents. I have had no such issue with shipping from the UK - usually for a similar shipping cost (both of which are ridiculous).

Hi all

I placed an order on 2 February and am still waiting. DHL are not being helpful even though they were the courier agent. DHL are stating that:

DHL Express is an International Air Express company and we are not involved in eCommerce deliveries in any country. The eCommerce service is an international postal service that utilises the national postal service of the receiving country to complete delivery. This is a deferred service that has limited or no tracking available. Most eCommerce parcels are delivered in Australia by Australia Post. If you believe that your shipment has been delayed beyond reason or lost then you would need to contact the supplier that sent your shipment."

I have checked with Australia Post and they have no record of the Parcel entering Australia.

I've never had any issues over the years, but I'm guessing that Covid is really delaying international postage.

I've just messaged Der Franzose again to see if they can chase from their end.
I placed an order with them on the 19th of Jan and only received it a couple of days ago. They have too many agencies including the German Post and the tracking info stays in Frankfurt until it arrives in Australia. You’d think they could at least tell you when it left Frankfurt and by which means- I suspect my order was in part shipped by sea.
But I ordered parts from Melun on the same day as the Der Franzose and they arrived in 2 weeks!

Just got a 403 part from Hannes Fischer in Germany - posted 10 March - 6 weeks 2 days.