Anyone know a source of Ducellier distributor parts in Oz?

pontarriere

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I suspect my 403 dizzie needs a new cap and rotor arm. Plenty available in Europe of course but I was hoping there may be someone local. Any suggestions?

Are they absolutely unique to the Ducellier? Or do you want to stick with those for some reason? Bosch manufactures caps and rotor arms for many more dizzies than just the Bosch ones. Is it impossible they might make one that fits? If you knew the part numbers I imagine it would help widen your options here.

I’ve bought Bosch cap and rotor for my 403 motor from Suprcheap. Any spare parts shop should be able to supply then. From memory they are the same as 404 and 504.

I suspect my 403 dizzie needs a new cap and rotor arm. Plenty available in Europe of course but I was hoping there may be someone local. Any suggestions?
I happen to have a NOS Valeo rotor arm for the Ducellier distributor still in its (crumpled) packet. You can have it for $5 + post if you contact me. John505.

Try this person for parts:
Previously I posted this guy's contact & suggested it might be good to copy & paste.
SAL DRAMICANIN
0412 462 149
slavisa_d@hotmail.com
In Sunnybank a Bne suburb.
Old time [maybe in his 50's] Eastern European Slavian Auto Elec who rebuilds anything electrical.
A totally useless Renault Ducellier starter Bendix he rebuilt in 10 minutes & had the new cam & wedge rollers in stacks of old boxes. Gratis, he knew the problem was really important to me. Lovely man. JG

Auto Surplus in Rooks Rd Mitcham often have old consumables such as rotor arms, points etc and Bernie, the owner, also has a good knowledge of how to mix and match from other cars

Andrew

Are they absolutely unique to the Ducellier? Or do you want to stick with those for some reason? Bosch manufactures caps and rotor arms for many more dizzies than just the Bosch ones. Is it impossible they might make one that fits? If you knew the part numbers I imagine it would help widen your options here.
Good thinking - after a bit of research I found that the Bosch cap GD702 and the rotor arm GD740 fit the Ducellier. The caps seem readily available but the rotors are harder to find. Also a lot of older English cars used Ducelliers and some of the local pommy car suppliers list the rotors, but the quality doesn't look great.

Pontarriere, if you have part numbers try the VW shop in QLD. Can't think of the name, but a quick search will find it. They stock a whole bunch of parts for their cars and you're very likely to find your part no. with them.