Anybody own a Clio Sport WILLIAMS, silver?

CHRI'S16

1000+ Posts
I wonder if a certain bloke (af member) here owns a silver williams, its very neat and standard. lives/drives near Chatswood on the Pacific Highway. just wondering as i tried to make contact but never happend in the traffic.
cheers
Xq

<small>[ 17 January 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: xqisid ]</small>

I thought the williams Clio never came out to Australia.....? Im probably wrong..

No, it wasn't sold here. Mind you, I thought they only came in dark blue metallic, ala Williams (Rothmans) livery of the time.

Stuey

Maybe ive done a booboo (so child like), what is the Model Clio Sport before the current ones, they have very different headlights and front grille, they was only few sold, i was under the impression that these were labled as Williams for the RHD market, or am i talking ca-ca?
I do know about the Mk1 Williams and the Rothman editions, real pocket rockets and are considered collectors items already in the UK.
Sorry if i fudged up, but im no Ren expert.... still wouldn't mind one.
Xq

The first batch of Clio's that came to Aust were the pre face lift cars. I think there were only about 50 brought in. I also think they were known as Clio Sport Cup Editions (If I remember correctly). I actually know someone who is thinking about selling his.

I think there were about 85 imported. I saw a yellow one a few months back, I wish the current Clio's came in more colours!

On the same sort of topic, I saw a silver RenaultSport Spyder in North Sydney last week. They look and sound fantastic - it turned a lot of heads =)

All 85 Mk1 Clio Sport "Clio Cup" cars were sold.
Just over 450 Mk2 Clio Sports have been sold since they were released in Oz.