Any Simca or other news

Westair

Fellow Frogger
Just a post to take the 7th Sept one off the main forum page.
Perhaps Simca fans aren't as computer literate as other Foggy fans. :wink2:

Simca News..

A couple of items to pad out the Simca thread.

Seen in the Forum's "For Sale & Wanted". 11th of September. Two 1949 Simca 8's. More detail provided.

The Pitstop Book Shop [Perth] in their latest e-mail have the book, "How To Build Ford Flathead V8 Horsepower". Code 16719 $39.95.
It contains info on supercharged SIMCA of France flathead, producing 281 bhp.
Also '46-'48 Ford model 59 flat head with double the stock bhp !!
The Ardun conversions with 377 bhp are featured also.

The Pitstop Book Shop. info@pitstop.net.au

Westair said:

Gawd - this section of the forum has gone dead since Ray Bell exited himself :( !!!!!!

Uh - oh ....... am I allowed to say that?

Westair said:

Well!............ I am waiting for someone to tell me they have found a good winder handle for the tailgate of my Aronde Station Wagon.

Is "Simca" a dirty word, it seems that nobody want's to mention it.

JP - SIMCA MAN

About 10 or so years ago there was a Simca Wagon in Nannup.
It was in leanto garage along side house in side street. Filthy dirty and covered in rubbish. The owner would not even discuss.
Next time in Nannup I will have a look.

Westair said:
About 10 or so years ago there was a Simca Wagon in Nannup.
It was in leanto garage along side house in side street. Filthy dirty and covered in rubbish. The owner would not even discuss.
Next time in Nannup I will have a look.

Thanks Warren, it would be appreciated if you could check it out sometime.

JP

"Some Car This Simca"

Panhard in WA

Not sure where Panhard issues should be raised!

Who knows anything about the Panhard advertised in WA last week? Ad read: Vintage Panhard 1959 (French) service books in shed $12,000 ono 9524 8294. Has anyone seen it? Know its history? Anything else?

Any Simca or Other News

paulb said:
Not sure where Panhard issues should be raised!

Who knows anything about the Panhard advertised in WA last week? Ad read: Vintage Panhard 1959 (French) service books in shed $12,000 ono 9524 8294. Has anyone seen it? Know its history? Anything else?

Hi Paul,

Being a bit of a Panhard freak I chased this car up expecting it to be one of the two known to be in Western Australia from new. To my surprise it an unkown car that has been hanging out around the Wagin area, it is blue in colour (what is left of the paint) and from an address in the workshop manual I suspect the car is a personal import from Tanzania or such like country. The car was advertised by a friend of the owner and obviously very much a Wally, one of those who think Rare is Valuable at any cost. The car is very sad indeed with gapping holes about 150mm x 100mm cut out of the top of each front guard, dents all over the roof , dents over the bonnet, most of the polished aluminium trim has been painted over at some time, headlight trims etc. missing, all rubbers perished, the interior needs a complete retrim and I didn't bother to look underneath as it was a waste of time. I think I insulted the person when I told them it was worth about $500. If I could work this system out I would post you the couple of photo's I took.

JP ........ The Simca Man

Westair said:

There may be a Simca in my future. A friend of mine just picked up 3 Simca 1000's & a 240z for the total price of $1000 U.S.. The story is that a Simca dealer back in the sixties was having problems getting parts to service his customers cars because of a dock strike?, so what he did was start taking parts from cars he had on the lot to fill the need, with the intent of replacing the parts at a later date. Apparently this never happened & the cars ended up sitting in the basement of the dealership for 40 odd years. The gentleman that my buddy got the cars from bought them with intent of fixing them & selling them at a profit. This also never happened as he is more into American muscle cars, so after a few years he unloads them to my friend. He called me yesterday to see if I'd like one & I think I will take him up on it. So you guys may have a bunch of stupid questions in your future.

Scott

supo said:
There may be a Simca in my future. A friend of mine just picked up 3 Simca 1000's & a 240z for the total price of $1000 U.S.. The story is that a Simca dealer back in the sixties was having problems getting parts to service his customers cars because of a dock strike?, so what he did was start taking parts from cars he had on the lot to fill the need, with the intent of replacing the parts at a later date. Apparently this never happened & the cars ended up sitting in the basement of the dealership for 40 odd years. The gentleman that my buddy got the cars from bought them with intent of fixing them & selling them at a profit. This also never happened as he is more into American muscle cars, so after a few years he unloads them to my friend. He called me yesterday to see if I'd like one & I think I will take him up on it. So you guys may have a bunch of stupid questions in your future.

Scott

Hi Scott,

A warm welcome from Western Australia.

I'm afraid there will only be two Simcaites down under that can be considered any authority on the Simca 1000. The Simca 1000 was never sold down under and as far as I know there were only two ever imported into the country and they are in Western Australia. There is a 1000 coupe in Queensland that was recently privately imported from the USA. Of the two in WA one is being restored and the other used for parts. Your best man in the USA is Jim Conrady who heads the Simca Car Club of America, he resides in Ohio and apart from his many contacts he has a hugh amount of spare parts.

John (JP ....... The Simca Man)

Hi John,

Thanks for the Panhard details - maybe you could email the photos direct to me paulb@classicrally.com.au - I'd be most appreciative.

I'm quite keen on Panhards myself and eye-off 24CTs whenever I see them when I'm in France, with the hope that one day I'll be able to get one. Got the brochure, got the model, just need the real thing...

I also saw a Panhard advertsied in the current issue of Just Cars magazine - October, page 71. A 1959 model again, it appears to be in a state of poor health, but not as bad as the local car - this one in NSW. Asking a more realistic $3500, including spares.

BTW, can you let me know the details of the other Panhards in WA please?

PB

panhard said:
Hi Paul,

Being a bit of a Panhard freak I chased this car up expecting it to be one of the two known to be in Western Australia from new. To my surprise it an unkown car that has been hanging out around the Wagin area, it is blue in colour (what is left of the paint) and from an address in the workshop manual I suspect the car is a personal import from Tanzania or such like country. The car was advertised by a friend of the owner and obviously very much a Wally, one of those who think Rare is Valuable at any cost. The car is very sad indeed with gapping holes about 150mm x 100mm cut out of the top of each front guard, dents all over the roof , dents over the bonnet, most of the polished aluminium trim has been painted over at some time, headlight trims etc. missing, all rubbers perished, the interior needs a complete retrim and I didn't bother to look underneath as it was a waste of time. I think I insulted the person when I told them it was worth about $500. If I could work this system out I would post you the couple of photo's I took.

JP ........ The Simca Man

panhard said:
Hi Scott,

A warm welcome from Western Australia.

I'm afraid there will only be two Simcaites down under that can be considered any authority on the Simca 1000. The Simca 1000 was never sold down under and as far as I know there were only two ever imported into the country and they are in Western Australia. There is a 1000 coupe in Queensland that was recently privately imported from the USA. Of the two in WA one is being restored and the other used for parts. Your best man in the USA is Jim Conrady who heads the Simca Car Club of America, he resides in Ohio and apart from his many contacts he has a hugh amount of spare parts.

John (JP ....... The Simca Man)

Thanks, John, for the info I will probably be in touch with him.

Scott

For the information of Simca enthusiasts [Simcaphiles].
"Westair" [Warren Mathews] passed away two years or so ago. "Westair" kept this forum alive for some time. I see where one of his early posts was dated 2005.
He was very involved in the WA motor sport scene, driving Simca. VW. EH Holden and sports car specials.
Poor health precluded him from restoring a Simca Aronde.

59Floride. Thanks for putting up the L'Hirondelle du Faubourg link.

something to cheer up the Simca fans. Junee 1965. Would you believe I sold it to buy an EH Holden with a burbling exhaust. A mistake of youth. The bloke who bought it tried to make it go faster by 'fitting' another sort of carby. I caught fire going down the 'mad mile' about 3 weeks after I sold it. Cheers. Kevin
Kevin  Simca compressed.jpg