Another Scenic 1 Puzzler ~ Hazard Lights?

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I have read a number of reports of the Scenic's hazards coming on when central locking is activated, but there is another twist to this one.
It seems [I'm still observing & taking notes] after extinguishing the headlights, central locking & leaving the car the hazards come on some time after.
This has happened twice @ night when I've left the car & returned a couple of hours later.
During the day central locking the car, the hazards do not come on.
What gives & any ideas what gremlin/s might be causing this?
Thanks for looking, JG.

Do the indicators flash correctly when activating central locking? IE, one flash on lock, 2 flashes on unlock (or vice versa). Just saying, as that would be the connection of hazards and central locking.

That is the case thanks Chris.
Still a few checks but only does if headlights have been on, switched off & then car locked.

Even by gremlin standards, that's a pretty good one. We've definitely not suffered it with any of our Scenic IIs. Renault has just announced the end of Scenic production btw, the last of the Scenic V models.... End of an era....

Well!
I've baited this Scenic a couple of times in the last few days.
Guess what? It doesn't want to co-operate & be consistent. Maybe the wet weather?
An early morning dead battery, I dread!

do you mean they are still on a couple of hrs later when you return to the car ,maybe its so you can find it in the dark ,must be some way of turning it off .