Another R25 question...

Rich@rdS

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
How on earth do you get the genuine Philips radio out?? :confused:

I've unlatched each corner by sticking a rod into each hole so the unit is free to come out, but it can't clear the console surround because the dash seems to be in the way.

Do I have to pull everything apart? :mad:

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,
yes, you will have to take everything apart :) It's a french car...
It is not that bad really- you just have to draw back the whole centre console.
You won't have to take it out or disconnect anything.
The screws are located
- two at each side of the centre console hidden in the fabric and best reached from the back of the car.
- one under the little carpet thing under the handbrake
- two under the gearleaver
- two under the ashtray (not sure about these) Just take out the ashtray- in this way you have better access to the back of the radio.
- there is a little lid in the dash above the radio that you should remove aswell

This is my Phase II knowledge, but Ph I should be just the same. Have fun-
hope it helps
daniel

Same for a phase 1 car. Some cars have provision for screws under the dash (on the side of the the centre console, at the very front) but they are often missing.
The bit around the auto lever also needs to come out on an auto car, it just pops out and can be gently removed from the shift lever, likewise the sliding panel that covers the selector slot and the lower unit. The sliding panel is very easy to damage or tear, so be very careful removing it.
If you can avoid removing the ashtray housing, don't, because the cigarette lighter wiring terminals are very difficult to replace in the confined space, and the wires are not long enough to connect them beforehand.

Farmerdave

Alright, thanks for the help. I've already removed the ashtray and a few screws thinking that I might have to remove the console, but I stopped. I'll just keep going then. :spanner:

Thanks again! :cheers:

Richard