And this....

It looks very nice Barry....but it has the older style front indicators - were these still used on FASA cars in 1975? Also the engine says 1.4 Gordini...I assume it's the same as my 1.4 R5 Alpine? The setup certainly looks the same.

It looks very nice Barry....but it has the older style front indicators - were these still used on FASA cars in 1975? Also the engine says 1.4 Gordini...I assume it's the same as my 1.4 R5 Alpine? The setup certainly looks the same.
Also has the early door handles

Hi Col

Documentation says it was built in 1975 and had a 1300cc motor. The owner had the motor replaced with what looks like, as you say, a R5 Alpine motor. It is the early body with the older style door handles (not push button type) and rear bonnet is not vented on the top edge and does not have detachable rear panel like the last models built in Dieppe in 1977. A good example is Jean Pierre Limondin's A110 (the last off the assembly line) which I had the pleasure of seeing when in Dieppe back in 2015. I'll email photos if you like (email me your email address). Can't seem to upload them here.

Yes certainly a lot of older body panels rather than the later ones - perhaps none of the FASA's had the newer panels? Mark Duder's SX here in Perth is a good local example with all the later bits. I assume you mean Limondin's green one of which I have seen many photos.

Yep that's the one. We had a nice lunch with him before visiting the Alpine factory. He is a very nice man and gave us all a good talk on his role in Alpine and his car.