And now for something a little different

I like it all, including the big headlights and the wire wheels. If that bonnet were another 150 mm longer you could fit a straight eight in there I reckon.
Might be easier (probably not cheaper though) to put wire wheels off a Terraplane and a Renault badge on a '34 Hudson Deluxe Eight.😉

20230330_164952.jpg
13629912-1934-hudson-eight-thumbnailcarousel.jpg

Did anyone notice how much prettier a Dauphine is compared to an FJ..? Maybe I just don't like Holdens. (whoops did I let that slip)
You don't like Holdens?🙉
I'd never have guessed.🤔
BTW that's a 48-215 (FX).😉

Did anyone notice how much prettier a Dauphine is compared to an FJ..? Maybe I just don't like Holdens. (whoops did I let that slip)
Not hard, mind you. Mid-1930s US compact styling, not put into production but re-issued in the late 1940s for "Australia's own" (remember "she's a beauty"?) versus really nice 1950s Euro-styling. Not really a competition. :)

Not hard, mind you. Mid-1930s US compact styling, not put into production but re-issued in the late 1940s for "Australia's own" (remember "she's a beauty"?) versus really nice 1950s Euro-styling. Not really a competition. :)
The FE would be a fairer comparison as it came out the same year as the Dauphine.🤷‍♂️

20230402_134504.jpg