Amorock clutch bleed[Newcastle ]

pugwash

VIP Paid Subscriber
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH VW AMOROCK, MY SONS IN NEWCASTLE WITH A DICKY CLUTCH ON HIS AMOROCK, PENAL STAYS DOWN ,DOUSNT DISENGAGE .,[CONCENTRIC SLAVE CYLINDER ,] IM THINKING THE BLEEDER WOULD BE AT 3 OR 9 OCLOCK ON THE BELL HOUSING ,APROX 100MM FROM WHERE ENGINE MEETS GEARBOX / BELL HOUSING ,HE HAS JUST RANG AND HE SEEMS TO HAVE FIXED IT BY PUMPING THE PEDAL HEAPS, BUT I DOUGHT WE HAVE SEEN THE END OF IT ,PUGS ,ALL I CAN FIND ON THE NET YOU TUBE IS FOR A GOLF GTI ,HELPFUL BUT EAST WEST AND BLEEDER ON THE TOP ,SEEMS TO BE SAYING ITS A COMMON THING

HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH VW AMOROCK, MY SONS IN NEWCASTLE WITH A DICKY CLUTCH ON HIS AMOROCK, PENAL STAYS DOWN ,DOUSNT DISENGAGE .,[CONCENTRIC SLAVE CYLINDER ,] IM THINKING THE BLEEDER WOULD BE AT 3 OR 9 OCLOCK ON THE BELL HOUSING ,APROX 100MM FROM WHERE ENGINE MEETS GEARBOX / BELL HOUSING ,HE HAS JUST RANG AND HE SEEMS TO HAVE FIXED IT BY PUMPING THE PEDAL HEAPS, BUT I DOUGHT WE HAVE SEEN THE END OF IT ,PUGS ,ALL I CAN FIND ON THE NET YOU TUBE IS FOR A GOLF GTI ,HELPFUL BUT EAST WEST AND BLEEDER ON THE TOP ,SEEMS TO BE SAYING ITS A COMMON THING

https://fliphtml5.com/vfoub/igiw/basic/101-150

thanks heaps guys ,he was going to take it for a drive c how it went havnt heard back, has to drive back to Coffs in nxt couple of days ,couple of mths ago when he was in tweed did the same thing ,took it to a mechanic who bled it and has been going ok since ,he needs to get it checked out properly ,hope its the master ,the slave is a gearbox out issue ,

To bleed the shitbox range rover here .... I couldn't get any air out either, I pumped the pedal, then pinned it to the floor with a length of wood. And it bled itself after being left overnight!

i dont like things that fix themselves ,from my experience it never seems to be permanent and comes back to bite you ,at a most inconvenient time ,but thanks dchev ,nice to know were not the only ones

My Megane RS265 has a concentric slave on the clutch and on my first track day 3 days after I bought the car the clutch went to the floor whilst on the track. The clutch came back in the pits after some cooling. The car had just had a big service at the Renault Dealer a week before I picked it up, apparently changing all fluids, but as I found service work done in their world is not like mine.

Anyway the clutch fluid was not changed, with it using the same reservoir as the brake. The fluid to the clutch gets very hot whilst on track, and as it was old, it boiled, in my view. New fluid solved this and the car was fine at two subsequent hot track days.

I have had it suggested to me that the fluid heated by the hot brakes caused the clutch pedal to drop, but I had not lost any braking performance, maybe because I had bled the brakes, fully replacing that part of the fluid before going on track. For this to happen the fluid at the reservoir would be hundreds of degrees, I expect melting the plastic reservoir.

So in the Amarok case perhaps the fluid is old and the line to the clutch runs near the turbo, and boils it whilst perhaps pulling a caravan. This will now hopefully be solved by it being bled.

well yes the clutch was bled to restore the clutch function but maybe the fluid hasnt been changed for some time ,will have a look at how the pipes are run but as the motor trans is north /south ,thinking the pipe should have to just run round the bell housing ,tks