alternative wheels 504 (1983)

504mepham

Tadpole
what wheels can you replace these with need whole in centre for balancing tyres? pcd140 seems pretty rare?
IMG_3658.JPG

How dare you say that word 'subaru', it is not a nice word and should not be uttered in polite company.

Yes early Subaru were 140 PCD but as you say only 13 inch. I believe there is something in 15 inch but can’t find out what?

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

505 GTI rims were 15, but not to be confused with TRX rims that look identical.

504 wagon wheels actually I have several sets of various 14" mags from 504 era Dunlop and Globe are 2 styles early 505wagon and diesel 14's as well

None of my 504 sedans had those wheel rims originally fitted.

what wheels can you replace these with need whole in centre for balancing tyres? pcd140 seems pretty rare?
View attachment 117865

The steel rim in the photo is 5.5 inch wide x 14 inch diameter and would be similar those fitted to the 604's with plastic wheel trim covers? The 504 sedans and wagons were normally 5 inch x 14 inch standard with oval holes, or square holes in the later editions.

Last edited:
How dare you say that word 'subaru', it is not a nice word and should not be uttered in polite company.

My own judgement would be that most Subarus are superior to most Peugeots on any parameter of appraisal that one cares to specify except conformity to tribal loyalty.

cheers! Peter

This is basically a reply to LUTHIER but appreciate muchly Peter's sensibilities. This household contains one Subaru Outback
and two vintage Peugeots. Great cars .......... all three!
Dan............. wash your mouth out!! However, I suspect you're just stirring the pot! :joker:
Happy New Year to you all anyway! :cheers: Deane.

I used to sometimes drive a friend's Impreza hatchback and found it to be a great drive.