Alpine A610s spotted for sale

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger

There has been a red RHD A610 in Australia (QLD) for many years, but heard a rumour there was another down south, although I wonder if it was someone mistakenly seeing a GTA as an A610. Interested to hear if there is another, although I am not in the market.

Given the car at auction is over 30 years old I believe it could be registered in any state in its LHD guise. Being in Japan might scare off some of our US friends that often bid very heavily on interesting vehicles. Certainly R5Turbo2s and A110s have been well bid in the recent past.

Last edited:
There has been a red RHD A610 in Australia (QLD) for many years, but heard a rumour there was another down south, although I wonder if it was someone mistakenly seeing a GTA as an A610. Interested to hear if there is another, although I am not in the market.

Given the car at auction is over 30 years old I believe it could be registered in any state in its LHD guise. Being in Japan might scare off some of our US friends that often bid very heavily on interesting vehicles. Certainly R5Turbo2s and A110s have been well bid in the recent past.
There is a RHD one in a museum in Tasmania. It's apparently for sale. Some issues with it, highish milage, no service history etc. But a rare car in RHD so a prefect project for someone.

There is a RHD one in a museum in Tasmania. It's apparently for sale. Some issues with it, highish milage, no service history etc. But a rare car in RHD so a prefect project for someone.
I haven't had a close look at this car but body wise it looks OK from what I remember.

If you look up "A610 Tasmania Museum" you'll find it in the National Automobile Museum of Tasmania FB page. Can't share the link on my phone easily

I haven't had a close look at this car but body wise it looks OK from what I remember.
If you look up "A610 Tasmania Museum" you'll find it in the National Automobile Museum of Tasmania FB page. Can't share the link on my phone easily
Link to Alpine A610 at the NAMT

So that makes 2 A610s in Australia. The QLD one is the same colour as the TAS car, but the QLD car has a leather interior. The museum A610 looks to have had a reasonably recent respray, with perhaps the clear needing a rub over and buff to get the best result. Looks quite good in the pictures, but it is the steel behind the sills and underside that are a worry when they come from the UK, given the fibreglass and plastic bodywork is usually not a problem.

Spoke to the museum - car is "not for sale" although someone apparently came close to convincing the owner to move it on. Do we know who had a good look at the car?

I do know them, I spoke to them about it last week!
Not sure how good or thorough their inspection was. This would have been their first foray into Renault/Alpine so they were playing it safely.
I don't know the $ that was being considered.

Interesting. I know there is another A610 in storage in Sydney and I have seen it amongst other Renault goodies like a R5T2. That would make 3 A610s in Oz.

Interesting. I know there is another A610 in storage in Sydney and I have seen it amongst other Renault goodies like a R5T2. That would make 3 A610s in Oz.
Interesting, that makes A310-4s the rarest in Oz with 4. Only 2342 were made, with an estimated 600 surviving