All French Car Day UPDATE

David Cavanagh

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Just got word today that Renault Australia executives Richard Wilson and Ian Mclean will be guests at the All French Car Day and they will have on display, the newest model from France, not for Australian release yet.
Sorry, thats as much as I can say.

David.

Very impressive - I'm always interested what's new.

Megane II???

I do know some other manufacturers are having private functions with motorshow cars around that time :)

Cheers,

Justin

Dave dont tell me its a V6 Clio Sport.

Sounds pretty good. I'd love to get down there for this.

Might see if the ol man wants to go.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get into Essendon Airport when comming from Melbourne?
I live on the other side of the city and the Melways map for this area looks like a bowl of spaghetti.

I assume you know how to get on to the tullamarine fwy?

Once on the tulla, take the "airports" exit, and stay in the left lane for about 1 km. Take the first exit (I think it says Essendon Airport) and stay to the right. Turn right at the lights and voila, Essendon airport!!

There will be signs up on the day for people to follow.

If you check out the calender page at <a href="http://www.renaultnet.org" target="_blank">Renaultnet.org.au</a> there is a good map of the freeway ramps and the Airport entry.

Cheers cheers!

<small>[ 09 February 2003, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: mistareno ]</small>

IanS,

I'll be going from Springvale and going via freeway, if you would like to meet and follow thats fine by me.
Damien
dance dance

<small>[ 09 February 2003, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</small>

Damien,
thanks for your kind offer.
However, mistareno's directions made good sense and I should have realised that the airport would be signposted.
I'll make my own way out there.

cheers
Ian S

David Cavanagh:
I will tell you its not the Megane 2 but
DON'T ASK ME ANY MORE!!!!!!

David.
Could be the white Trafic van I keep seeing around Adelaide......

Actually it may be my new transporter. A Custom converted bus RENAULT of course featuring sleeping for 4, kitchen, living room, shower/toilet in the front section and car storage and workshop at rear,it's due on the docks some time this week.
So leave Dave alone.
moon moon moon moon moon

<small>[ 10 February 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</small>

David C,
Just wondering, is the RCCV handing out a "show bag" of goodies at the AFD. If so, maybe an Aussie Frogs sticker in each bag could be an idea.

Richard, there will be show bags, David Groome (DaveR18) is organising them so any ideas should be directed to him.
I don't know about including aussiefrogs stickers. I don't think we should, we've got a few sponsors who pay money to be included on the day and to give space away may upset them, they are our bread and butter and we don't want to bite the hand that feeds us. I understand about aussiefrogs being non profit and all the arguments, but when it comes down to dollars, we must look after our sponsors.
Remember also, the AFD is a club day and aussiefrogs is not a club.
I can't see anything wrong with people bringing aussiefrogs stickers to hand out to anyone who asks for them, I'll probably have some with me.
Anyway, thats my opinion, we have an RCCV meeting on Thursday night, I could always put it to the vote.

David.

Does anyone want to guess Vel Satan, cough, cough, I mean Vel Satis :)

There's been one sighted on the Monash Fwy already.