All French Car Day, Silverwater Park, Sydney, Sunday July 16 2023

Dijon16

Fellow Frogger
1683693525623.png
1683693586141.png

The Sydney All French Car Day is on again, scheduled for Sunday 16 July.

Yes, we know that it is the same day as Brisbane, being the closest Sunday to July 14.

Fingers crossed for fine weather this year, now that the WHO has declared an end to COVID-pandemic emergency. But still check here, and our FB page, for updates.

Attached is the original PDF. I could not figure out how to display the contents of it, only that it was attached.

Attachments

• AFCD2023v2.pdf
    281.4 KB · Views: 176
Hi, Guys French Cans for sale.
See you at Silverwater (0432 011 585) Jean ;) Esso, Total, Antar, Elf, Mobil, Shell,............:):)
If you wich message me before the show.
Thanks, Jean.

The Sydney All French Car Day is on again, scheduled for Sunday 16 July.

Yes, we know that it is the same day as Brisbane, being the closest Sunday to July 14.

Fingers crossed for fine weather this year, now that the WHO has declared an end to COVID-pandemic emergency. But still check here, and our FB page, for updates.

Attached is the original PDF. I could not figure out how to display the contents of it, only that it was attached.
Hi,
I'm new in the forum on how to put a photo in, please.
Thank you, Jean,

Hi,
I'm new in the forum on how to put a photo in, please.
Thank you, Jean,
Hit the "Insert Image" icon on the toolbar at the top of the post
1687861892880.png

choose where on the 'pooter the file is sitting,
BUT - there's a size limit on the photos you can import so if you've taken them with anything newer than an iPhone 3GS you'll likely need to resize them first using software such as "Paint" "Photos" "LibreOffice Draw" or the equivalent on a Mac (I keep a separate subfolder on my PC called "Reduced Size" where I copy all photos intended for posting).
Hope that helps,

Hit the "Insert Image" icon on the toolbar at the top of the post View attachment 223669
choose where on the 'pooter the file is sitting,
BUT - there's a size limit on the photos you can import so if you've taken them with anything newer than an iPhone 3GS you'll likely need to resize them first using software such as "Paint" "Photos" "LibreOffice Draw" or the equivalent on a Mac (I keep a separate subfolder on my PC called "Reduced Size" where I copy all photos intended for posting).
Hope that helps,
Thank you so much

I like the PDF flyer, having owned an S3 205GTi from '96 - '99 and a Diablo red (3 door) N5GTi6 from '99 to '13 !!!!

Nice choices !

Cheers

Justin

Is there going to be any advance notice of cancellation, should inclement weather force that? As much as I like driving my Peugeots, I don't fancy driving for 5+ hours each way to an event that's going to be cancelled at short notice.

I doubt that I'm the only person in that situation.

Cheers,

Andrew

Is there going to be any advance notice of cancellation, should inclement weather force that? As much as I like driving my Peugeots, I don't fancy driving for 5+ hours each way to an event that's going to be cancelled at short notice.

Cheers,

Andrew
The general advice given by Chris Deligny who is Pres of PCCNSW and a member of CCCNSW - "if it rains it's off". Keep a watch on BOM during next week to see what the weather's doing. Parramatta City Council would close the grounds for vehicle use if it rains.

Similar to you, I would not want to drive two hours from home to find it's all off. Anyway, a car show in the rain is no fun.

IF however it is a sunny winters day then it's usually a grand day out as the sunshine for most of the day on the grounds is lovely.

Cheers,

Andrew
@Dijon16 who started this thread will most likely post an update here. After the previous covid cancellations the rain during July 2022 that cancelled last years AFCD was very abnormal compared to the previous 12 years of mostly sunny Bastille days.

Sydney July Monthly Rainfall and Temperature Trends.jpg

With hardly 10mm of rain for the Sydney region for the month so far, we could see well in advance that we were not going to get bogged out like last year. Ground condition is very good.

Today, Thursday, the BoM has improved their forecast for Sunday. Previously 40% change of 1-2 mm, it is now only 10% chance, with temps of 12 to 20.

Another site I use has mostly sunny all day, temps 11 to 19, although any forecast may change.

Reminder that we kick off at 9am, and entry to Silverwater Park is $10 at the gate. Cash please, we are weekend warriors and do not have the eftpos square.

Cross those fingers !

weather or not.jpg

Cheers

Justin

Must be getting close to photo posting time !

Cheers

Justin

Well the rain did arrive at 13 oclock, pretty much as the BoM predicted. Definitely put a dampener on proceedings, but there was still the biggest turn-out in at least 4 years. Over 160 cars on the day.

Lots of photos in all the relevant Fakebook groups..