All French car day 2021 Sydney

Afternoon all I stumbled on a link stating this event was on for 2021.
Cant for the life of me remember where.
Can anyone confirm one or the other ?
How could it possibly be on?

How could it possibly be on?
Maybe because it was still a possibility back then. I was really looking forward to the Silverwater show, I don't think I have ever been to it.
I wondered about us having a virtual show here, plan ahead that on a set day everyone post a pic of their French car, in repose or in exercising distance. Maybe that is simply too lame.

Maybe because it was still a possibility back then. I was really looking forward to the Silverwater show, I don't think I have ever been to it.
I wondered about us having a virtual show here, plan ahead that on a set day everyone post a pic of their French car, in repose or in exercising distance. Maybe that is simply too lame.
Your post was yesterday though?

Hello again, just to be clear in case of confusion, I will repeat below my post of Aug 21. NSW is still currently in lockdown, albeit with some easing for exercise etc.

As we will still be incarcerated on the scheduled date, it should be obvious that the AFCD cannot be held. Here is a repeat of the previous post:

It is with great sadness that the PCC NSW has had to CANCEL this year´s Sydney AFCD. It will not be held at all.

With the current restrictions, there is zero chance of us being out of lockdown, even in 6 weeks´ time. Even if we were, there would still be too big a risk.

The good news is that, in collaboration with Qld, we have been able to fix a date for next year . Sunday July 17, 2022.

As is often the case, it is a week after theirs, so we can both go to each others. Assuming that the borders are open by then.

Just as well the AFCD was not on today. Pouring rain in Sydney all day.

No rain in western Sydney, less than 1 mm on the coast, what are you talking about. I would have taken the Floride with the top down if the even had been on !

Looking forward to the European and British Day at Yarra Glen racecourse in Victoria on 20th February 2022.
An excellent mix of motor cars from the early 1900's through the decades of change of the 20's 30's and 40's.
The beginning of the "modern era", The Jaguar XK 120 and the innovative Citroen DS .......... the beautiful styling of the 50's and also examples of the practical family cars like the Vangaurd, Peugeot and the ever reliable Morris Minor.
Not to be missed .............. Michael

Hello there…..any word if there will be an event in 2022? I have not had my R16 so long and would love to see and meet other Renault and French car owners.

Hello there…..any word if there will be an event in 2022? I have not had my R16 so long and would love to see and meet other Renault and French car owners.
Yes, but subject to rain. Too much between now and 17th and park could get too boggy :(

Thank you for this information. Looking out the window atm, it doesn’t look too promising. 2 weeks to dry out…