All French car day 2021 Sydney

don

Fellow Frogger
Afternoon all I stumbled on a link stating this event was on for 2021.
Cant for the life of me remember where.
Can anyone confirm one or the other ?

The current situation with this event is not too favourable.

Parramatta Council is playing hard ball with approval for the use of Silverwater Park. It has to comply with the govt regulations for a ´´Controlled outdoor event´´.

This means it has to have a covid plan, be ticketed, be fenced, provide a seating area, QR, and last no more than 5 hrs. Clearly, under those conditions the event will never comply.

At the same time, every week you see major sporting events and public gatherings, as well as suburban car shows, including the NSSCC auto brunch at St Ives, and others. How they comply is a mystery.

The ground has still been reserved for Sunday July 11, awaiting compliance. I think that all you can do is ´´watch this space´´.

Reactions: don
And to think they are allowing the royal easter show to go ahead which beggars belief as to how this can actually run under covid safety guidelines

Parramatta Council is playing hard ball with approval for the use of Silverwater Park. It has to comply with the govt regulations for a ´´Controlled outdoor event´´.

This means it has to have a covid plan, be ticketed, be fenced, provide a seating area, QR, and last no more than 5 hrs. Clearly, under those conditions the event will never comply.

At the same time, every week you see major sporting events and public gatherings, as well as suburban car shows, including the NSSCC auto brunch at St Ives, and others. How they comply is a mystery.

The ground has still been reserved for Sunday July 11, awaiting compliance. I think that all you can do is ´´watch this space´´.
Just a few thoughts, has anyone spoken to NSSCC as to how they developed a plan which complied? It is the same State Govt reg for the Silverwater event, it is not a local Gov reg. The fencing at Silverwater may well comply with some tweaking. We already do a form of ticketing when we enter the site and pay, seating could be achievable, QR is also achievable as there are a few options available which could be part of the entry/ticketing process. I have never spent more than 5 yrs at the event during the past 6 years. I know govt does not include event bump in and bump out in the 5 hrs. "Having a COVID plan" just means writing it down and implementing it.
As I said, just a few thoughts regarding how compliance is not out of the question.

Last edited:
Some councils are being more annoying then others, but Chris is right it's probably achievable.

I could certainly put you in touch with a certain motor sport park should Silverwater become annoying. We host car shows in our car parks regularly and are comfortable compiling with 2m2.

And if your event doesn't get in the way of track activity (circuit, skid pan, etc) rent is negligible.

Last edited:
Soooooo ya want me to book the back of the grandstand at SMSP before I leave on Friday or what?

(reckon it would be $500 for a club to hire the thing)

I believe its on, I just received an email advising "The date is the 11th of July. The Renault Car Club of Queensland is coming down to celebrate their 50th in style".

Indeed. The PCC NSW has finally received approval from the council to hold this event. Most people are already familiar with what it is, where it is, and how it works.

It is on Sunday 11 July at Silverwater Park. This is the weekend before what is known in English as Bastille Day.

Entry from Silverwater Rd into Clyde St on the eastern side , then loop under.

Event starts at 9am. Entry is $10 per display car. For covid compliance, contact details of entering cars will be taken. You do not have to enter the concours. Pedestrians (and cyclists) walk in for free.

This year´s promotion is the 70th Anniversary of the Renault Car Club of Australia Inc.

Note that it will be held subject to the covid climate at the time. If there is a lockdown then it, fairly obviously, will not be on. Due to the application process, there is currently no alternate date envisaged.

Note too that whilst we have been very lucky with the weather so far, if it is obviously inclement weather, such as a ´´big wet´´, then I cannot see it being on. We will arrange contacts for the day just in case.

Thanks for your interest and this thread.

Chris

ALL FRENCH CAR DAY WEEKEND ACTIVITIES

A number of outings have been organised to welcome our interstate visitors to Sydney for AFCD. You are most welcome to join us in all or any of these outings. All meals will be at your cost.

Friday 9th July Welcome Dinner

Meet at the Fox Hills Golf Club, 55 Fox Hills Cres, Prospect NSW 2148 from 6:00pm.

This will be a casual dinner to meet and greet our visitors and welcome them to Sydney.

Saturday 10th July 2021 Scenic Drive and Lunch with visit to Train Museum

Meet at the Blacktown Travelodge carpark (170 Reservoir Rd, Arndell Park) at 9:30am for 10:00am for a drive to lunch at the George IV Inn Picton and afterwards at the NSW Rail Museum at Thirlmere for a visit and train ride.

We will need to know numbers so we can reserve tables at the Inn.

The Thirlmere Rail Museum is a 15 min drive from the George IV Inn.

Cost of Rail Museum entry and steam train ride is $35 per adult, $25 per concession (including Seniors Cards), Child is $12.50. Museum only (no train ride) is: Adult $15, Concession $10 and Child $5. As our group booking will be more than 15, we should get a 10% discount on those prices. Please be aware that time will be very limited at the Museum and the walk to the Station is about 400m.

If you would like to visit the Museum we need to know numbers as the Rail Museum can only be booked in advance online.

Please book with Bob 0414 670 320 by 30th June

DO NOT LEAVE THIS TILL THE LAST MINUTE AS YOU MAY BE DISAPPOINTED

Please pay by 7th July (and ring Bob to confirm payment).

Sunday 11th July All French Car Day, Silverwater Park, Silverwater

From 9a.m. Entry to the Park is $10 per car. Concours judging at 12noon.

Sunday Evening Farewell Dinner

Meet at the Royal Cricketers Arms Hotel, 385 Reservoir Rd, Prospect NSW 2148 at 6:00p.m.

Those of you who would like to join us at the pub for a drink and a meal are most welcome.

The NSSCC complies because they have a Registered Covid Plan and QR check-in. Everyone then gets a wristband so they're easily identifiable.

Queensland Renault Club has just cancelled the run to Sydney to arrive for the Sydney French Car Day in view of the COVID situation in Sydney. Question is whether the Sydney FCD now proceed?

Queensland Renault Club has just cancelled the run to Sydney to arrive for the Sydney French Car Day in view of the COVID situation in Sydney. Question is whether the Sydney FCD now proceed?
I had that thought this morning

Yet again covid hits but i do think that in the interests of safety the idea to go ahead may be fraught with danger

One of the Queenslanders´ considerations was that they may not be able to get back into their state.

At this stage, the AFCD is still on. If necessary we can wear masks, have a QR, use hand sanitiser, and satisfy the 4sqm rule.

The big unknowns are what the Govt will do with their regulations in a week´s time, and what Parramatta Council may do independently of what the Govt does. Not to mention the weather.

We should still be able to have a clear picture before the event as to whether it will go ahead or not. Watch this space.

Disappointed to hear this but completely understandable. Encouraged that it is postponed, rather than cancelled. Maybe as we head into warmer weather it might be more suitable for the show anyway.

Hello, the PCC NSW is pleased to announce a new date for annual All French Car Day.
It is to be on Sunday 26 September at the usual location of Silverwater Park.
That is the middle of the NSW school holidays. In the current climate we do not think that that will be too much of an issue.
Note that if it does not go ahead, for whatever reason, it will not be further re-scheduled.
I have attached an updated PDF but with my luck and skills, it probably will not show.
Edit
I was right, I have nfi why it wants to be downloaded instead of just displaying.
If there´s any 10yo out there who would know how to do it, be my guest.

Attachments

• AFCD2021pdf.pdf
    202.7 KB · Views: 175
AFCD Silverwater 2021.jpg

It is with great sadness that the PCC NSW has had to CANCEL this year´s Sydney AFCD. It will not be held at all.

With the current restrictions, there is zero chance of us being out of lockdown, even in 6 weeks´ time. Even if we were, there would still be too big a risk.

The good news is that, in collaboration with Qld, we have been able to fix a date for next year . Sunday July 17, 2022.

As is often the case, it is a week after theirs, so we can both go to each others. Assuming that the borders are open by then.