Ali's DS reno - Recovering seats & headrests

ali_w

Fellow Frogger
It's been a while, but back doing some work on my car... i've missed it!

While I'm waiting on a couple of O-rings for the front brakes, I thought I'd look at some of the other myriad of things on the to do list.

Took the back seat out over the weekend (I replaced the seals on the doors, had to remove the seat to get to a couple of screws holding down the trims), which meant i could get a good look at the condition. Springs etc generally seem pretty good, just need to replace foam & cover, which are gone.

I've read a couple of threads about re-covering seats etc, and the results with buying a set from Citronpieces etc seems really good. Can anyone tell me if the seat cover sets have foam backing to the fabric, or if this needs to be purchased separately? Did you need to buy a new set of clips to attach the covers, or are ok to reuse?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere... trying to get my head back into it!! There are so many things, it's hard to decide what to do first! :)

Also, while i'm at it with the interior - has anyone redone the roof lining? Is it difficult? Currently there are parts which are original lining but severely decayed, and then the remainder of the roof lining is (i hate to say) black felt which appears to have been hot glued on (shudder). Again, not necessarily top of the list of things to do now (more important to get my baby back running again) but would be great if anyone could shed some light.

Will post some more pix soon, to share the love & the weirdness which is my DS :)