AL4 error after replacing the solenoids

gpktm

Tadpole
I have just replaced the solenoids in a Peugeot 206cc 1.6L with automatic transmission AL4, after testing the car, only goes into reverse gear, all the other lever positions (D, N, Manual) giving an error indication on the dashboard with the "snow" and "sport" mode flashing and a continuous buzzing sound heard (more likely from the solenoids).

Video here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSP_gnDqRk

I have a suspicion that this process also involves a non-free visit to the Peugeot computer at the dealership.

My AL4 (207 - year 2010) had the solenoids replaced (under warranty, fortunately) in about 2012 from memory, with the later BWarner(?) solenoids, by the dealership. I vaguely remember discussions about the car's computer needing to "know" about the replacement.

I have just replaced the solenoids in a Peugeot 206cc 1.6L with automatic transmission AL4, after testing the car, only goes into reverse gear, all the other lever positions (D, N, Manual) giving an error indication on the dashboard with the "snow" and "sport" mode flashing and a continuous buzzing sound heard (more likely from the solenoids).

Video here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSP_gnDqRk

From what he has mentioned in his other post is the old BW solenoids looked the same as the new, so if they are all black tops no issue, plus thety are backward compatible anyway.

No coding needed how did you adjust the detent on the shift rod and how are you going to get the oil level correct do you have a thermometer

From what he has mentioned in his other post is the old BW solenoids looked the same as the new, so if they are all black tops no issue, plus thety are backward compatible anyway.

That's correct dmistyle. Black tops, also there is a "BW" marking on them. I would say they are Borg Warner.

No coding needed how did you adjust the detent on the shift rod and how are you going to get the oil level correct do you have a thermometer

I am planning to put back exactly the same fluid that I took out. I've kept it for that reason. First I want to check if the problem that the car has will go away (this is the reason why I am changing the solenoids, it has the symptoms of faulty solenoids... plus something more), then I will just drain whatever I can drain and put new fluid in. But the quantity will be the same that it will come out.

Again how did you adjust the detent spring and you do realise that one of those valves controls the line pressure of the oil that you seem not to know if the level is correct or not not being a d@@k but as you have found they quite fine with things

Hi all

Finally after finding some spare time I manage to put everything back and test the car. It seems that everything is working fine, but the problem that the car had, persists (just FYI you can find a description of the problem here -> www.peugeot206cc.co.uk - peugeot 206cc owners club ? View topic - Engine kicks when stopping ) so the decision is to keep it until the transmission completely dies and then get another car.

I am planning to check if I have the correct amount of fluid in the transmission, I've read that the fluid needs to be between 58 and 68 degrees Celsius. How do you guys check that?

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/206/info/gb/b2ci05k3.htm

Usually use Lexia or Diagbox to read actual temperature. But have heard that if you can't hold your hand on the front cover thats hot enough.
Since you have reused the original fluid its hard to say if there's enough in there to start with.
For longer use suggest run new Penrite through and get rid of the old contaminated oil.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app