Air Conditioning Compressor repair/rebuild

The part number embossed on the rear face.
Thanks.
I can see it now that you’ve pointed it out.

I’ll have to get in contact with the air conditioning service person who told me that it was a Sanden and that’s what I should be looking for.

Everyone has been really helpful in finding a new compressor for me. But it isn’t what I came looking for! I’m somewhat torn now, because I don’t like throwing out things that can be repaired. But I don’t want to send it to a repair place without any direct knowledge of them.

I’ll have to check with the financial manager of this household and see what she says.

Cheers,
Andrew

This ad for a used unit in Melb shows model number to be 5290

This link shows the part numbers it is known by

I can't be certain, but it may use same rebuild kit as the VT commodore, making it a bit easier to find someone who can rebuild it.

Last edited:
I forgot about these guys, they supply a comprehensive range of a/c spares to the trade, give them a call and see if they know someone in your area that can advise whether to rebuild your Delphi compressor.

For those curious about servicing a/c, the technical guide in their catalogue is refreshingly informative, navigate to the News&Tech tab, then Downloads, then scroll down the Catalogue-12th edition to Technical Guide. Parts to rebuild Sanden, Delphi, etc compressors are listed in Chapter 4 Compressor Parts.