air~! 205

purplepugWA

Fellow Frogger
Hot day today, I need my aircon fixt. The pipe under the front bumper has come right off (the steel one) and I assume that that means that there is no gas in it!? What do you think it will cost (ie. fair price) to get that sort of thing done? look forward to hearing from someone about this. Have a nice night Cj

not sure dude

Air Con is typically expensive. how long has it been with out gas? becasue if it has been more than 6mths with no pipe then the seals have probably dried up.

theses seals are the weakest link, so if you get this pipe fixed make sure these are good so you don't loose $100 of gas! has it been converted to the new gas? thats a $300 convert job i think.

SEALS: go through the engine bay yourself, (with some awfully big spanners) and undo and check ALL the AC pipe connections. find the little "o-rings" and see if they are ****ed or not, a little squishy is good, and looking like a thin donut, any other shape is bad. replace them if need be. very simple parts try ur local auto store or mechanic.

a new pipe and re-gas could be around $200-300, i'm guesstimating. maybe less... maybe more.

but so the seal checking youself if ur confident. its time consuming andi don't know how much ur mechanic charges per hour.

check the connectors at the compressor (2 of), condensor (infront of the raidaitor, to the RH side-2 of), dehydrator (black cylinder near FRH side head lamp- 2 of) and follow that line back to fire wall check those (2 of)

and buy some RUBBER GREASE and smear it all over them when you put them back on.

hope this helps some what.

Chris, you thought today was hot - You're in for an exciting summer in Perth :) 46 degrees here we come.

I'll be the one sitting next to you in the 205 Mi16 with aircon removed (too heavy) :D

Cheers
Steve

WRX2PUG:
Chris, you thought today was hot - You're in for an exciting summer in Perth :) 46 degrees here we come.

I'll be the one sitting next to you in the 205 Mi16 with aircon removed (too heavy) :D

Cheers
Steve
Then, spare a thought for me, windows down, NO A/C, in a black race seat, black S16, with Extractors near the fire wall, and in a Sydney hot/humid day, during peak hour.... at a stand still..... :rolleyes: - chris

ps. all the while getting a defect notice for a dirty number plate.....

are you talking about the 306 plates?

I have seen cars where the plates are not readable from 1 meter back. Yours are hardly that unless you have been scrubbing them with a pot scrubber lately. They obviously didn't like the Pug and the hoon behind the wheel wink

re heat:
I found the Pug to be very easy on the heat, dont know why, but despite being black it never got really hot. Maybe my polishing of the duco didnt go to waste! It glows after a polish. :D

No... its just thats how things work for me when i take the pug out, they don't question the seat, cage, brakes, tyres, exhaust etc but ask me why im driving my dads car, or that my plate is a bit dirty and hard to make out.... ITS 3 FRIDGING DIGITS!!!!! damm pouhlice...- chris

ps this happend 2 nights ago.

thanx boys ^^! I got a quote of abotu 2-3 hunners. I guess that sounds good? Yeh, I got it updated 2 years ago so that doesnt need to be fixt (i hope) but the seals will be wrekt! yeh, I work in my car, today I nearly died and it was only 30c. I dont know what I will do when I have to drive out to bunbury and visit stores all day?! I think I will die, and I will leave my pug to you guys for spares. hey WRX who did your conversion? I just have to know! Help me out here guys, I am almost thinking of sellung up my little bean and getting a Hyundai so that I dont die of heat stroke and panic from a car that is falling 2 pieces. Yeh, Police luv me too. The thing is I have a great deal of self control, I think I am just givin off bad vibes. I am sure the SA rego doesnt help! aaargh, bring on the famous freo doctor. flies and heat, that is what WA is all about ^_^Y keep kool Cj