ABS speed sensors in a 407

keithm

Fellow Frogger
I am going to change the ABS sensors in the front of my 407 soon . Could anyone who has done this let me know if there is anything I should be aware of before I start . Thanks in advance , Keith

No big dramas right side is the easiest job you will ever do the left is made easier by a cable tie ,old sensor side to the new plug side and carefully pulling it through the wheel arch it sits under the fuse box so with a bit of forethought nothing in engine bay needs to be touched the battery can stay connected because it self checks ever ignition cycle a bit of grease on the barrel of the sensor will increase life of new part. Tools req long t 30 better that Allan key two cable ties and pliers

Thanks for that . Seems like a great way simplifying the routing of the new cable . This is what makes this forum such a valuable resource . Most appreciated , Keith

I am going to change the ABS sensors in the front of my 407 soon . Could anyone who has done this let me know if there is anything I should be aware of before I start . Thanks in advance , Keith

Out of interest, why are you changing them?

Was going to ask similarly, they are a non wearing part and as long as they maintain their magnetism and electrical connection is good?

Oh dear what I have just got then, a 407 wagon. Seriously, they are non contact ferro magnetic pickups just like the CAS, very poor if this is true. I understand the question if this is the case.

If I turn hard left I get an ABS failure alert come up . I suspect that one of the connections is being affected and changing both front sensors is a good place to start . Not expensive either . I have learnt to drive without it alarming by limiting the lock to left , quite easy to do actually but I really should change the sensor . Once I switch the car off it resets so I haven't been too concerned .Fear not Matthew about your new purchase . These cars are amazing but there are plenty of people who don"t share this opinion and that is their choice . Mine is a 2.0 HDI wagon and I couldn't think of another car I would prefer be driving

Fully agree, same vehicle. I suspect you are stressing the connector, the sensor itself is fine, just the ecu (ABS) is not detecting the coil resistance and alarms.

Clean and un-stress whatever cable route it follows and retest?

I say this as I think the electrics are their achilles heal. I have had rear lights fixed, front fogs and now the sidelights are playing up. Generally it just earthing or cleanliness, I bought a grease used in electrical work, used very sparingly on connections, its great.

Go to ebay and look for this SANCHEM NO-OX-ID, its excludes air so no oxidisation and is conductive great on everything electrical.

Last edited: