A110 1796 cc upgrade

Salv has a new email which caused a few communication problems. He is now working on a custom set of cast liners and forged pistons for me which will give me a very reliable 1700 (1690cc) at a good price with only minor work on the block.

I spoke to Clive Cams and will have a profile suitable for Road/Track for my specs, twin 45DCOE, CR 10.5:1, inlet valves 43 mm, ex valves 37 mm. The cam specs should give me something that works from 4,500 to about 7,300-7,500 rpm.

Sure it would be better with 11.5 CR and a few more tweaks but I am after reliability. Also, fuel is harder to source, unreliable supply and more expensive when you are trying to run more than about 10.8:1 CR on carbs.

Before anyone chimes in, No, I don't want to go full EFI.

Last edited:
Before anyone chimes in, No, I don't want to go full EFI.
Good on you, me either. Although I have a 17TS with EFI that I will play with one day "when I get a roundtuit". Anyone got a spare "roundtuit"?

Actually went in to a building once and the receptionist had a roundtuits on the front desk for sale. Wish I had bought one now as they had a lot of funny stuff printed on them.

Actually went in to a building once and the receptionist had a roundtuits on the front desk for sale. Wish I had bought one now as they had a lot of funny stuff printed on them.
Were they originals or genuine imitation ones? I'd only buy matching numbers ones. But that's just a personal preference.

Were they originals or genuine imitation ones? I'd only buy matching numbers ones. But that's just a personal preference.
The other problem is that they would probably have been imperial. Sale items before metric set in.