A little Renault eye candy...

Not French, sorry in advance.🙏
When I lived in Victoria I lived on a (usually corrugated) dirt road and the 500 meter long driveway to the farmhouse was lined on both sides with very old pine trees. The driveway's entire surface was a mass of dips, undulations and exposed tree roots. I had a couple of mid '70s Australian cars at the time, (the early '80s) a Falcon and a Chrysler, and both had 7" mag wheels and the almost obligatory ER70x14s fitted.
I bought a very clean low mileage '62 Falcon that had been sitting out the back of a radiator shop for donkey's years for the princely sum of $120.
I chucked some plates on it and drove it home, swung onto the dirt road and it was like, oh?
Turned into the rough as guts driveway and it was like OH! Compared to the other two cars I had it was as smooth as silk on rough surfaces. I can only put the difference down to the tall crossply tyres it still sported, as the later Falcon I had at the time was just an evolution of the '62 model's suspension, and was not modified.🤷‍♂️

Not French, sorry in advance.🙏
When I lived in Victoria I lived on a (usually corrugated) dirt road and the 500 meter long driveway to the farmhouse was lined on both sides with very old pine trees. The driveway's entire surface was a mass of dips, undulations and exposed tree roots. I had a couple of mid '70s Australian cars at the time, (the early '80s) a Falcon and a Chrysler, and both had 7" mag wheels and the almost obligatory ER70x14s fitted.
I bought a very clean low mileage '62 Falcon that had been sitting out the back of a radiator shop for donkey's years for the princely sum of $120.
I chucked some plates on it and drove it home, swung onto the dirt road and it was like, oh?
Turned into the rough as guts driveway and it was like OH! Compared to the other two cars I had it was as smooth as silk on rough surfaces. I can only put the difference down to the tall crossply tyres it still sported, as the later Falcon I had at the time was just an evolution of the '62 model's suspension, and was not modified.🤷‍♂️
The first car I bought before I got into Renaults in my late teens was a 1965 Mitsubishi Colt sedan, when I bought it, it had 4 cross ply tyres on it. It rode pretty good on its soft suspension and worn shocks. Replaced the cross plies with some radials and you could feel every tiny rock in the road on the track down to my parent's farm.