a/c motors

1972Ren

The Comeback Kid
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi all.
I have a now redundant garage door motor unit, which includes an a/c motor connected to a gearbox.
While I don't have any specific use in mind, it is firmly in the 'could come in handy' category.
I cannot, however, do anything with it until I know what sort of motor it is, so I can enquire about its characteristics and how it is controlled.

Question: does anyone know what sort of a motor this is? How are the white, red and blue wires connected?
The black object is a start capacitor. There is ~400v between red and blue when in operation, and 240v between white, and red or blue.
The brand and type 326P413 can be found on The Net, but still no technical info (that I could find)

Thanks in advance
Ando

1627446926102.jpeg

1627446965329.jpeg

3 wires into, motor circuit will be like this
garage.jpg

Driven: many thanks; that's very helpful
Robmac: that 4th wire would be for the part of the circuit which stops the motor when the door is stuck neither fully closed nor open, right? eg because it is pushing on a car etc.

Last edited:
Driven: many thanks; that's very helpful
Robmac: that 4th wire would be for the part of the circuit which stops the motor when the door is stuck neither fully closed nor open, right? eg because it is pushing on a car etc.
According to the supplied circuit the "fourth wire" is for the lamp.

Alex, that is absolutely spot on for what I was looking for. Thanks.
The motor came from my father's garage. On quizzing him it seems he replaced it because some mornings (cold ones, he said) it wouldn't open the door, but would do so later on.

My tiny knowledge of electric motors leads me to believe it might only have needed a new start capacitor..

On quizzing him it seems he replaced it because some mornings (cold ones, he said) it wouldn't open the door, but would do so later on.
the Chinese Makita I have that had that behavior was down to faulty electronics in the soft start stuff. Fixed when they replaced the gear under warranty - took 'em thee tries though, they probably spent twice as much as what the saw was worth fixing it.... :)
Probably only a crook soldered joint.
Bob