8V mods, what can I do ??

Chipper

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,

Firstly, I gotta say what a great site this is ,dedicated to we fellow Aussie frog lovers...bout time !!

I have been chewing a few peoples ears off of late regarding a 16v conversion for my 205, still sometime away mind you, but it never hurts to know the facts before you jump into an expensive exercise (cheers jr and Andreas !!)

What I would like to know after reading some of the posts here, is what basic and more expensive mods can be done to the 8v engine to get it humming along better?

I have addressed the header/exhaust already, and have a pod filter mounted inside the original airbox, both of which seem to have contributed to a power gain, small it may be, but detectable, certainly
wink.gif

I have seen the head and cam setups from UK sites and have read plans to do a head/cam that is compatable with the factory ECU, so that looks like a good path for the future.

Any good power upgrades that wont break the bank and keep the smile on my dial?
biggrin.gif

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Chipper

[This message has been edited by Chipper (edited 20 March 2001).]

Check the mods I have done to my 405 in the "Forum Open" header. Also get on Peter T's back about that head he is still building !!

Slow
wink.gif

May have snagged some rims from NZ, gotta find out that first, then the brakes, then engine.

Gonna be a while if my bank balance is any indication !!!