807 using coolant

Looks like you found the leak, the coolant has most likely evaporated away.
Hope so! Didn't really want to take the head off. Would have been a great excuse to send the headers off for ceramic coating. Maybe I can ask Santa for that!

Reactions: COL
Bought at Repco, so will check, although think I'll buy the next one somewhere else. Carpet isn't wet enough for that amount of coolant. It all disappears as the engine cools, pointing to Matthew's point above.
I would replace that fitting, top up and bleed the heater circuit and just keep an eye on the coolant level before you doing anything else.

Give the car a few drives after you have bled the cooling system to make sure all the air is out and just monitor the coolant level, doesn't take much of a leak to consume a 100ml of fluid.

I would replace that fitting, top up and bleed the heater circuit and just keep an eye on the coolant level before you doing anything else.

Give the car a few drives after you have bled the cooling system to make sure all the air is out and just monitor the coolant level, doesn't take much of a leak to consume a 100ml of fluid.
And done. I've gone heavy on the thread locker, and light on the torque.

The orange colour looks normal as mine does the same. But a drop lower not so good. I had a small weep once from a heater pipe but it all dried by heat off the engine before dropping to the ground. Hope you find the source to the problem Tim
Mine's never been orange, ever. Eek. Have you checked your head gasket in super detail Mr Shoji?

Hope so! Didn't really want to take the head off. Would have been a great excuse to send the headers off for ceramic coating. Maybe I can ask Santa for that!
Well in my case it hydro locked, thankfully with the foot off and on a downhill slope, So rebuild, higher comprression and ceramic coated, so go do it, better than the other alternative. You know you want to! Also apply thermal reflective material judiciously.

Quick drive today, had to go and buy a new 15mm socket.....Got to chat Renaults as I did it though. Qualitool in Geelong is a great shop, run by another Renault tragic our very own A/Fer Toolman.
Anyway, engine got up to temp, and coolant ended the day where it started. Will try for a longer run before declaring victory on this one.
Surprised how much came out of that crack without me noticing it. Check the basics first I guess.

Next topic will be "D-jetronic, somebody help me please"

Your ahead already Tim. So do tell, what's up with
The car was over fuelling badly. The problem pretty much started overnight. I switched to a spare computer which helped, but wasn't perfect. I've checked and switched the MAP sensor. It's holding pressure and reading within tolerance. I measured the 3 air temperature sensors I have across 10-40 degrees and fitted the most accurate according to the charts on the D-jetronic site. I've just fitted a new engine temperature sensor too. Fuel pressure is meant to be set at 2 Bar. It's actually happy at 1.4-1.5. Any more and I either get a low throttle surge, or hesitation until the revs build up, and then it's off! I've hooked up a wideband and it's not leaning out even at 1.4.

Just looking at the photo you posted of your plugs.. Do 1 and 3 look leaner than 2 and 4? Is there something in that? Could point to an issue in the trigger points.

Just looking at the photo you posted of your plugs.. Do 1 and 3 look leaner than 2 and 4? Is there something in that? Could point to an issue in the trigger points.
Just on that I think 1 & 3 look about right with 2 & 4 looking like they are running rich. Are the injectors shutting off properly on 2 & 4 cylinders? Could be why its happy to run at a lower fuel pressure. My :2cents: worth.

I was going to suggest injectors as well. Can you test them, or just take in for a professional clean? Or do you know for sure they are good and working fine?

If injectors are in good order, I guess you need to hook up a scope to the injectors and see what the pulse is like.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest injectors as well. Can you test them, or just take in for a professional clean? Or do you know for sure they are good and working fine?

If injectors are in good order, I guess you need to hook up a scope to the injectors and see what the pulse is like.
could swap 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 injectors and see if the other plugs fowl up, a quick easy way to find out if its injectors

Hehehe. True.

But then if it's not the injectors, you're back to diagnosing the 'puter pulse.

Some more detailed explanations about interpreting what you see here:

I have fitted a spare set of injectors, which were reported to have been cleaned, replacing the originals. There are a few checks to be done. They are all clicking nicely when 12v is directly applied, just quickly not continuously.