807-11 Engine Tune data

The b8es plugs are for a higher compression motor with a hotter cam. The 17g and 12g ran them (807-12 and 807-20) but they had 10.25; 1 and higher compression ratios.
16TS. 15TS, and 17TL 807 motors have compression under 10, and I’ve never run anything but bp6es on them and never had an issue with plugs.

Thanks.
I do have a running on issue that points right to spark plugs.
I don't know what was done to this engine which apparently had an auto that the PO couldn't fit in this Light 15.
He fitted a 4 speed manual to this 807-11.
I'll let y'all know what happens when nothing else is changed except the plugs from BP6ES to B8ES

Last edited:
The b8es plugs are for a higher compression motor with a hotter cam. The 17g and 12g ran them (807-12 and 807-20) but they had 10.25; 1 and higher compression ratios.
16TS. 15TS, and 17TL 807 motors have compression under 10, and I’ve never run anything but bp6es on them and never had an issue with plugs.
I have also used the BP6ES in the past and these have been fine.

Here are some links to NGK plugs info

https://www.ngk.com.au/technical_info/heat-range/

https://www.matchlessclueless.com/mechanical/ignition/spark-plugs/

Update:
Changed from BP6ES to the colder B8ES not exposed tip, plugs & not much happened differently except an occasional miss, that was not apparent before.
Will probably change back.

What seems to have fixed this problem was putting a relay in the electric power steering ~ power on circuit & moving the power on lead off the - [neg] coil terminal. Possibly feedback. JG.

BTT ~ Getting ready for the Waterfall run with the Qld Citroen Car Club October long weekend.

Some may be interested to know that the secondary idle jet was missing in action [& probably was over the period of engine on running after switch off] if this could cause such an issue! Comments?
I've ordered the 2 idle jets & will fit this week. Well now that what's below arrived, about 2 weeks early, I'll fit parts ordered to the original Carburettor, try it later & perhaps have a spare.

Just had the doorbell ring & one of those Chinese Weber copies thru AliExpress arrived so I'll fit & see if that works OK.
Looks quite nicely finished & assembled.