807-11 Engine Tune data

RINGER

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
After detailed data sheet dwell, setting static & dynamic timing etc. please. Thx JG.

807-11 is for an auto gear box. Are you running auto or manual. If manual then there will be a difference to that if it is attached to an auto. You will need the info for a manual 807 motor.

Here's the curve:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/15/64/43/33/tm/r17g10.jpg

Try searching for "courbe d'allumeur" or "allumage" and insert your engine/car model, etc.

Here's the source:

https://amicale-r15-r17.forumpro.fr/t8514-courbes-allumage

Short of this, one has to take a picture of the relevant pages in the MR (I have MR185, which probably covers this but too lazy to check; give us a shout if you get stuck and I'll have a look).

PS. That looks like it's for a 12G, see the thread for 17G, if your engine is different try again the net or get back here.

Sorry forgot to get the manuals from my workshop. Is it out of a 17TL or 15TS?

Need to ensure distributor bushes are not worn.
Otherwise shaft will run eccentrically and timing will be off

807-10 and 11 have 3 different Ducellier distributors

807-10 engine number 1 to 2815
Dizzy No. 4381 Centrifugal R243 Vacuum D60 Degree TDC 0+--1 degree

807-10 engine number 2,816 to 12,621 also 807-11 engine number 1 to 35
Dizzy No. 4348 Centrifugal R266 Vacuum D59 3 Degrees +- 1 BTDC

807-10 engine number 12,622 onwards also 807-11engine number 35 onwards
Dizzy No 4348 Centrifugal R273 Vacuum D59 Degrees 6 +- 1 BTDC

Ducellier contact pressure 450 grams +- 50 grams

Capacitor .22 uF to .25 uF.

Contact gap .45 +- .05 mm

Angle cam 57+-3 degrees

Dwell 63 +-3%

iga20200729_0001.jpg

R278 is Bosch Dizzy for R17TS/G
The curve turns per minute relate to the RPM of the distributor not the engine except for 17TS/G

"sur vilbrequin" means "at crankshaft" so I would say degrees per crankshaft
Yes by the flywheel markings. I'll translate some of the notes that go with those graphs. If they are applicable I'll add them here. There is some that relate to the idle speed at which the readings are taken with a strobe.

Please advise what are the correct spark plugs for this engine.
Engine most often runs on when ignition is turned off & there is definitely no carbon in the engine.
All tune is I believe spot on.

Wow. Your plugs must be glowing hot. Find a colder plug that fits, should cure the problem, the engine is not that picky about using the exact right one. Are you sure your mix is not too lean?

I do understand that may be an issue ~ but what is the correct/recommended plug & heat range.
Then I can cross reference & choose what may be a better colder one.

The current plugs have been checked & exhibit no signs associated with being incorrect.
Tomorrow I will pull a plug & let y'all know what is there.

Set at 6 deg BTDC with vacuum disconnected.
The engine is not that fussy at all

Why do you think it is dieseling then?

I had the a similar problem when I swapped an alternator in mine but that was because the "new" one didn't have a diode to prevent the coil being energised with the ignition off. Mine however didn't do it intermittently. It would simply continue to run every time after turning the ignition off.

Either way, if the plugs you've got seem to work fine, just get the same plug in a colder version. Driven is right, these engines are not fussy at all about all this stuff. The only "thing" they have is they really want 98 octane petrol. You weren't trying to run it on 92 or some such? You really need 98. No less.

And I would check the advance is set up correctly and the vacuum capsule works. Driven right again.

Last edited:
Set at 6 deg BTDC with vacuum disconnected.
The engine is not that fussy at all
Done did that. Still looking for recommended plugs of any brand as the 2 different manuals I reference don't say & good internet search doesn't either. Thx John G

Just quickly re timing, I was a bit worried and anal about then I saw this video;

Turns out stuff doesn't explode when it's allover the place. Have Fun! :D

Many thanks exactly what is in this engine & about 800kms. No visible sign of being overhot or wrong heat range. Thx John

Last edited: