807-03 engine into r12

I’ve been what seems like halfway through this exact project for 6 years now. I did it once before (many years ago) using a 16TS engine and a 4sp 15TS box as you’re proposing and it involved a lot of fab and a lot of problem solving, so I feel I’ve made all the mistakes already.

The latest version of the project is doing as everyone has suggested and I have used a donor 17 for everything I need, and for everything I already had, now I have spares. With a complete 15/17 donor car, it is quite a straight forward process, but as David said, you’ll likely need to source manifolds and side draft carbs or go down the injection route, which is what I’ve done, but this opens up more cans of worms and the project snowballs like mine.

Its just my opinion, but honestly, if I was starting this project again now, I’d source the bigger brakes (I’ve come across the hubs, rear caliper mount brackets, calipers, etc, in separate ads online), get the bigger swaybars from signature, find a UN1 box, get some driveshafts made and drop in an electric motor for an EV conversion, but I’m also a little disillusioned with the project just at the moment.

Hang in there! You are so close now! :)

Halfway in six years means another six to go.
The problem with it taking so long is not so much the frustratingly long time, but the development in technologies available, so now I'm re-doing the throttle assembly and adding a drive by wire pedal system to incorporate cruise control, as well as changing the fuel pump set-up to have variable flow rates to allow for E85 and other ethanol blends... its all making the electric motor seem more and more reasonable now

That is how projects never get finished. Just forget about modern tech and go with the simple upgrade. Drive by wire is a pain in the dorongo anyway and cruise control in a car meant to be a drivers' car is nonsensical.

You have a lot of good things hanging of that 807, you'd find home for those bits if you started a for sale add.

Otherwise, I could certainly use the emotional support of a working bee. I could probably take over some garages at work for a week and just force us all to finish our sh1tboxes if anyone was interested.

How many of us just need to pull the finger out, 80's highschool montage style?

You have a lot of good things hanging of that 807, you'd find home for those bits if you started a for sale add.

Otherwise, I could certainly use the emotional support of a working bee. I could probably take over some garages at work for a week and just force us all to finish our sh1tboxes if anyone was interested.

Sounds like a good offer Sydney siders.

Reactions: COL
nah not true. Covid lockdown was shit, took the energy out of everything. Bizarely, I played more in the shed when I was busier earlier in the year.

That’s a great idea.... I have a couple of project cars (both my own and other people’s) that I should be working on, but am not able to commit enough time to to get finished... I’ll send them up to you.