71 Citroen ID-21 F Safari at Richmonds

J-man

1000+ Posts
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hello Cit folk :)

I thought the double headlight was the DS :unsure:

I noticed this example while having a look on the Richmond's site in Adelaide. I wasn't aware these have become this pricey, but guess I shouldn't be too surprised in this crazy market! Groovy, if not dangerous back seat option :approve:

1642209264145.png

No. DS means high-spec. ID, eventually superseded by DSpecial and DSuper, means low-spec. Single headlight means 1955 to 1967. Double headlight means 1968 to 1975. All station wagons (Safaris) were IDs until the 1973 model year, when they were styled as DS. In practice the ID became more like the DS over the years.

Roger

It has been advertised as a 21F but the specs say 2000 ? No mention of an update with the motor in the description ?
i think all the twin headlight Safari’s had 21’s in them I had a 1969 ID F 21

I think for that price I’d want something with the correct seat covers no rusted dash and at least Michelin.

I think for that price I’d want something with the correct seat covers no rusted dash and at least Michelin.
And the lower front panels under the bumper look rooted

Its a lovely looking car. The trouble with putting big $$$ on the car is the expectations it creates. eg: You don't expect to see door trims held on with self tapping screws ....... For $65k ... I'd be expecting absolute concourse condition.