62 id19

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
question moving the car around the workshop without front wheels .
where would you place the jack at the front to push the car around .

wheels and wheel dollies ? You could probably get a length of strong timber and use that to lift from both front chassis horns (don't use the cross member you can see ... you'll crush the pipes. its not designed to lift from either

There's a strong flat area just rearward of the front wheel, just inboard from the lift tube at the side.
Put a soft timber across between these points.

thanks worried about the whole exhaust system running thru the guts of the car
wheels are of cause I am fighting with the inner triacx things and have the hubs and shafts out but need to push the car forward to get the now soon to be famous p1800 out for its film star role
thanks .
also do the galv pipe tubes also work in the early cars to keep them up for transport or is there somewhere to wedge something in the suspension at the front and back to jack the car up for clearance .

thanks worried about the whole exhaust system running thru the guts of the car
wheels are of cause I am fighting with the inner triacx things and have the hubs and shafts out but need to push the car forward to get the now soon to be famous p1800 out for its film star role
thanks .
also do the galv pipe tubes also work in the early cars to keep them up for transport or is there somewhere to wedge something in the suspension at the front and back to jack the car up for clearance .
If you have the car on smooth concrete, i would buy a couple of Bunnings 4 wheeled skate trolley things with a plywood deck.
Put one under each side......

When you refer to the gal pipe tubes, do you mean installed under each sphere?

I would not recommend this if the car is to be moved much. It can damage the damper valves in the spheres and puts extreme shock loads on the support structure.

At least the bump stops provide a little cushioning, but extenders on the pistons do not.
To transport a car that is down on its stops, i would suggest care in loading on a flat surface without ramp humps.
Restrain the front lower arms tightly, gently restrain the rear of the car sideways, and let it do it's thing on the bump stops.

Over the years I've carried a lot of dead Dees, and have found that lower front arms are the best point of restraint.
The rest just sits there very well.

if I was to use the cylinder blocks I have machined threaded stoppers for the top of the cylinder where the sphere normally screwed in .
the Bunnings skates sound the goods and suppose I can block them up with timber gluts thanks BC .
I feel a touch sad that this car has sat for so long but the trust lost in the previous owner who was contracted to reassemble has left a sour taste . quite a good car but I just do not have the time or flexible knees to do it justice

Last edited:
car is now sold and of to a new life .
being given resuscitation as I write may stay in WA or of to Melbourne