605 track performance

PJ810

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Just found this video of a 605 being tracked very successfully. And it is on steel wheels and not even a V6.

I can only imagine the performance of a new one on contemporary Pilot Sport 4S tyres...

Brings back fond memories. Best car to come out of France, period.

Good to hear from you Patrick - very interesting video!

I'm in love with how that V6 purrs.
No, Patrick is right - it's an XU engine (2 L, 4 cyl). The PRV V6 has a timing chain - that engine has a timing belt.

Mind you, with the 130 bhp that he claims it has + manual transmission, I am pretty sure that the difference between that car and my PRV V6 auto would be minimal on the track.

Hey Bowie - if you got sideways on the track like that wouldn't get rapped over the knuckles?

No, Patrick is right - it's an XU engine (2 L, 4 cyl). The PRV V6 has a timing chain - that engine has a timing belt.

Mind you, with the 130 bhp that he claims it has + manual transmission, I am pretty sure that the difference between that car and my PRV V6 auto would be minimal on the track.

Hey Bowie - if you got sideways on the track like that wouldn't get rapped over the knuckles?
Seems to have great gear ratios.

My first PRV V6 605 had a manual transmission. The ratios at high speed were fantastic, 150-ish in third! I think the primary track benefit of the V6/higher spec models is the adaptive suspension, more advanced power steering and bigger alloy wheels.

I like the point in the video about the car not overheating at all. I've driven my 605s very very hard on long (road) drives in hot weather and never had an issue. Track use is obviously more intense. The sound of the contracting heat shields after a spirited high speed drive was frequent music to my ears.