604 register

Pug register

Hi Sean,
Is the register interested in the 6 or so 604s sitting in the shed in Kumeu. Thats West Auckland. NZ. Had a lovely weekend on your side of the ditch.
Let me know if we are in the biz of uniting our lil antipodean Isle with your old and ancient land, Kind regards, Royce

G'day Royce

Great to see you have ventured onto this board

I think I can allow 604's from the little island :wink2:

any further afield than that though makes it a bit hard and my inbox flows over at the moment with 604 material which is a great thing and i love reading all the stories people have about the 604

Are you going to be over this side of the water in September ?

Peter Bublyk said:
Good idea. I've got two 604s, one for wrecking. The other is quite good but now requires the transmission from the other. Where can I get a workshop manual for these things? Otherwise I'd gladly sell both of these to anyone who wants them. One is still has Tas rego.

If you are interested in selling, please feel free to shoot me an email - djstudd at djstudd dot com

Alternatively, give me a call on 0438 232 604. Dad has been looking around for a decent 604 that is near to being road-ready. Shouldn't cost too much to bring them back on the spirit methinks :)

Cheers,
-- DJ

DJ-Studd said:
If you are interested in selling, please feel free to shoot me an email - djstudd at djstudd dot com

Alternatively, give me a call on 0438 232 604. Dad has been looking around for a decent 604 that is near to being road-ready. Shouldn't cost too much to bring them back on the spirit methinks :)

Cheers,
-- DJ

i just sent you a pm about a couple that i'll have finished in the not too distant future :D

Hi,

I Spotted an olive green colour 604 the other day in Cabarita, which is just south of Tweed heads NSW. Not sure about any other details of the car since i dont know much about 604's.

Just thought i'd let you know ;)

cheers, Glen.

PuGmAn said:
Hi,

I Spotted an olive green colour 604 the other day in Cabarita, which is just south of Tweed heads NSW. Not sure about any other details of the car since i dont know much about 604's.

Just thought i'd let you know ;)

cheers, Glen.

if you see it again and you have the time see if you can track it down and grab the owner

chances are he knows what he is driving so we should be able to get him interested in the register and so on as well

pugrambo said:
if you see it again and you have the time see if you can track it down and grab the owner

chances are he knows what he is driving so we should be able to get him interested in the register and so on as well

HI, new member -had two 504's in the seventies , should never have sold them-the best feeling car I have driven. All new cars after that -what a mistake. Went back to none computerized ,about 6-8 yrs ago have a couple of nice VK commodores ,67 Rambler Rebel & 1908 Berliet.
None of them have that PUG feel ,so been looking for a good "Do-able " 505 project, had a reported siting of PUGS today (models unknown- "Not the big fat looking ones mate"), now I own two 604's for the modest sum of $600!!
Both are complete 1 driveable -needs body work -the other leaking water on 1 cylinder &body work . Full set of PUG workshop manuals include (original owner was a PUG mechanic.
As I said the 504 experience has never been forgotten -can you tell me what to expect now. I would like to post a lot more , however this may be the wrong forum. This seems to be where the 604 feedback is at the moment
so please let me know if it is OK to post here or elsewhere.

Great to meet you guy's.

If you have a specific issue you want to discuss and it's not a current topic, you can use the search facility (along the blue line up the top) and look around to see if it's been discussed before...

Then, if that's your choice, post on that thread and revive it.

If you want to start a new thread, just do that. The 'new thread' button is at the top of the page of the Peugeot (or any other, for that matter...) forum.

Congratulations on a good purchase!

if they are running solex carbies you can expect some starting problems and some running problems and the same can be said if you are running the twin points dissy

also if they have the original fuel pump on them disconnect now and replace with an electric pump before the car catches fire

autos are prone to loosing reverse gear

now then if you are competant in mechanical things then the carbs and dissy won't deter you from the car as with time and experience (and patience) they work very well

Royce replies

Hi Sean, Thanks for the invite to add these Kiwi 604s. I will talk to Marek about his fleet. Not sure about september. I have not been following this board as avidly as I could but I am always interested. :burnboun: And easily tempted. :adrink: There certainly is a wealth of info on this forum. All the best, Kind regards, Royce :joker:

pugrambo said:
G'day Royce

Great to see you have ventured onto this board

I think I can allow 604's from the little island :wink2:

any further afield than that though makes it a bit hard and my inbox flows over at the moment with 604 material which is a great thing and i love reading all the stories people have about the 604

Are you going to be over this side of the water in September ?

Hi all,

I've just joined Aussiefrogs, having owned French cars for many years. It all began over 30 years ago when I bought a Renault R4, a most incredible car. After years of Rovers and a Mk V Jag, something about the little R4 changed my perspective on cars and I've never been the same since! Over the years I've had a couple of 404s and a 504, a Renault 12 and a Renault 16 (which, beside the 404 would have to be one of the worlds great cars) and currently have a 505 - and the all-time-loveliest car I have ever owned, and definitely among the nicest cars ever made - a Peugeot 604!

I don't have much time to devote to internet forums, but will try to keep in touch with the proposed 604 register. So please put my name down, and I'll do my best.

Cheers,

Barry

G'day Barry and welcome!

I have owned a 404, a couple of 504s, a 505, currently a 604 - a great car! Mine has been converted to turbo diesel and it has to be one of the best touring cars! Oh, I've owned a Renault 16, too. Mine was a 1972 16TS :)

I have to agree with you about the 404 and the Renault 16 being some of the greatest cars. I've owned only French cars - something of which I am very proud! :D

My brother has owned among other cars, a Jag XJ6 (series 1), a Humber Super Snipe Va and currently a Saab 9000CD. With all those cars to choose from, I'd have to say that the R16, 404 and the Humber would have to be my choices to drive. (Yes, I know that I left out the 604, but it isn't as comfortable as any of the other three! :eek: )

Look forward to seeing you around sometime when you have some time to join us here.

Cheers,
Andrew

baz said:
Hi all,

I've just joined Aussiefrogs, having owned French cars for many years. It all began over 30 years ago when I bought a Renault R4, a most incredible car. After years of Rovers and a Mk V Jag, something about the little R4 changed my perspective on cars and I've never been the same since! Over the years I've had a couple of 404s and a 504, a Renault 12 and a Renault 16 (which, beside the 404 would have to be one of the worlds great cars) and currently have a 505 - and the all-time-loveliest car I have ever owned, and definitely among the nicest cars ever made - a Peugeot 604!
Cheers,

Barry

Thanks Andrew.

I forgot, I also owned a Renault 10 (from new), a great little car. It was a 68 model and my sister-in-law still drives it. Still going strong after 37 years! (The car i mean, the sister-in-law is a considerably older model.) :)

Welcome Baz
What part of Reservoir are you in? I grew up there and occassionally take Pugsley for a run down there to visit mum.
What did you pay for your R10.... $1998 with disc brakes, radial tyres independant suspension, bucket seats etc.. I remember the ads well.
Was it driven around reservoir? square or round headlights?

Decca

Catch... my official place of residence is Reservoir, but I work in the country and spend most of my time there. Yes, $1998 rings a bell, with disks and the most comfortable seats of any car at the time. Mine was the rectangular headlight model. I haven't owned the car for many years, and wasn't living in Reservoir at the time.

Beige 604

Hi all,
Just joined Froggy and been getting nostalgic about the 604 I owned in the early 1990s - bought it when I was 19 - thought I was the antz pantz swanning around with the sunroof open etc! It was unusual as it was beige with gold velour interior (ex Hong Kong). Wonder if it's still around?

The Basilisk said:
Hi all,
Just joined Froggy and been getting nostalgic about the 604 I owned in the early 1990s - bought it when I was 19 - thought I was the antz pantz swanning around with the sunroof open etc! It was unusual as it was beige with gold velour interior (ex Hong Kong). Wonder if it's still around?

was it a 76/77 model ?

i can remember my old man looking at an imported 604 from hong kong many years ago

it also had a perferated dash in it like as if a speaker should be underneath the holes if you know what i mean

it also had a 3 spoke steering wheel in it

pugrambo said:
was it a 76/77 model ?

i can remember my old man looking at an imported 604 from hong kong many years ago

it also had a perferated dash in it like as if a speaker should be underneath the holes if you know what i mean

it also had a 3 spoke steering wheel in it

It was a '77. Had the same wheel as Aussie ones, and the same dash in most / all other respects. Seems a few came from Honkers - I know of another bronze one ex HK but I have never seen another beige / velour trim one.