604 register

pugrambo said:
yeah send me his name and number please

she's a sad sight that's for sure but if i strip it out and store the parts out of the weather in the sheds they will last longer and are there if needed
I do know of a 604 that needs a bonnet. :wink2:

It aso needs a front bumper, but I've got a spare one of those.

:cheers:

Pugrambo
email sent
hope you get a bargain and 604 owners get to keep their cars on the road longer

Decca

Decca said:
Pugrambo
email sent
hope you get a bargain and 604 owners get to keep their cars on the road longer

Decca

thanks for that

i'll get in touch with him and see how we go from there

oh most machinery operators love to have a chat as the drone of the machine does get to you after a while (speaking from experience :D)

believe or not but they can send you to sleep but diggers(excavators) are a bit hard to fall asleep in but loaders are pretty easy

Ray Bell said:
Saw a fairly well worn 604 in Fyshwick today... green, the fuel flap was missing (was a square one)... numberplate started with YPJ as I recall.

Do you have that one?

i don't have that one

did you leave any details under his wiper ?

pugrambo said:
i don't have that one

did you leave any details under his wiper ?

'rambo,
Over here in "Godzown" putting leaflets, flyers etc on cars is called littering and the law will deal accordingly. :eek:

I have put a small mention in The Lion our WA Club mag re the 604 Reg. I know of only two mobile examples over here. Have spoken to one about the Register. :)

Ray and Pugrambo....any luck finding the 604 wheel studs? Sorry to hijack the thread but I am getting desperate....... :cry: PM'd you recently. Thanks.

Nisspug said:
Ray and Pugrambo....any luck finding the 604 wheel studs? Sorry to hijack the thread but I am getting desperate....... :cry: PM'd you recently. Thanks.

yeah i did actually..........oops

i'll get around to weighing them for you

how many did you need, just 4 wasn't it ?

Thanks. 4 would be great but if you have any more up to 12 all up as that would cover the back wheels too which I will have to do soon too. I weighed some 505 studs and they were 35gm each so it should be close to this. Thanks again.

I have eight in the car with me... will be in Bendigo tomorrow night, but going no further south. Anywhere there I can leave them for you?

Please do not PM me or e.mail me as I'm not going to be online. Phone 0409 063 662.

Thats great Ray! I dont know anyone in Bendigo but I will phone you. Thanks again.

That means I only need another 4 Pugrambo! :)

no problem

ok onto other matters now

the website has been updated now and will continue to be updated as i go so please feel free to browse on through

i'm still after pics of peoples car to put up as well and any other info people have lying around if you can scan/photocopy/email it through it will be much appreciated

i have a bit of stuff here i am still scanning and getting around to putting on the site

thanks guys

i'll make this thread a sticky for a period of time

if anyone spots a 604 anywhere, any info will be much appreciated

BTW remember the 604 turns 30 this year

head over the the social forum and express your interest in this event

thank you

pugrambo said:
this is at the moment an expression of interest to see if it is a worthwhile project but i would like to organise a coutrywide 604 register

seeing as this is a model that was not very widespread to start with and there are a few of us that are trying to keep the model alive i thought it would be a good idea to have a register

i realise that there may be a few of the car clubs that may have something similar and many of us know that there is the 03 register that bands together information regarding parts and the like to keep these cars running but a centralised 604 register may be of use to many

anyone got any ideas or thoughts on this ?

Good idea. I've got two 604s, one for wrecking. The other is quite good but now requires the transmission from the other. Where can I get a workshop manual for these things? Otherwise I'd gladly sell both of these to anyone who wants them. One is still has Tas rego.

Peter Bublyk said:
Good idea. I've got two 604s, one for wrecking. The other is quite good but now requires the transmission from the other. Where can I get a workshop manual for these things? Otherwise I'd gladly sell both of these to anyone who wants them. One is still has Tas rego.

what part of the workshop manual are you after

i have parts of one and as i get around to it i add them to my site for people to use

if anyone has the time to scan what they have and pass it on to me it would be much appreciated