508 Window regulator

Mi16 Man

Fellow Frogger
Evening all!

Anyone attempted replacing a window regulator? The spring loaded cable jumped out of its housing yesterday and the glass dropped to the bottom of the door frame. No broken glass thankfully - the cable got wrapped around and stripped the plastic spool. Cable has to be replaced and plastic spool.

A few options.... eBay kit to replace the cable and spool or, a whole regulator assembly from a wreck in Sydney. I'd shudder to think what new price from dealer is!

How does one remove a regulator unit from inside the door frame?????

TIA!
Stu
5d1df0f47f7e7c7977969d2834dc5cbe.png
bb7bbc922b9189968cba687c7c81f0db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI - sourced a brand new OEM regulator unit from EAI for $190

Another update to which two dealers alerted me too, Peugeot Australia have extended the warranty on these regulator units to 5yrs/Unlimited Kms. Mine being a JAN 12 compliance, I'm out by 8 months however the dear folk (again) at Allan Mackay Autos will try and push for one. Labour/fitting to be paid by me.

Hi Stu,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but do you have tear down instructions for this? My passenger side glass jumped out today, and I would like to see what I have got myself in for...

I am in the process of looking for a suitable 508 to buy, so all these issues are of interest.
Which part actually fails and how difficult is the repair?
Thanks

I am in the process of looking for a suitable 508 to buy, so all these issues are of interest.
Which part actually fails and how difficult is the repair?
Thanks

The cable ‘lug’
2c4f3546d3c4df7560aee11eaa9003db.jpg
becomes loose. The rest is history

Hi Stu,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but do you have tear down instructions for this? My passenger side glass jumped out today, and I would like to see what I have got myself in for...

Hi Bob,

It’s a fairly easy job to take off the door card. Using a small flat blade driver, take off the high gloss part of the door handle. In there are two torx screws. Take out the power window switch unit too.

Once they are off, using sheer force, start at the bottom and ‘clip’ off the door card. There’s around 8 white clips that will need to be replaced (cheap).

You’ll find you’ll have to disconnect the wires for the tweeter and led light in the handle.

I only did this above procedure to secure the glass for weather/security. Dealership replaced the mechanism.
a72123e0ee469a299edf85fcc96a5423.jpg

Another one ...this time rear right . Where to buy repair kit? Anyone in Australia is selling it or I have to use ebay and Lituania or Estonia sellers :)
Cheers

I've had 2 go in less than a month. First was fixed with part from EAI. Window needs to be calibated after fitting EAI were helpful with this information but didn't have the rear LH window kit I needed when I last called "could be months" they said.
So now I've secured window with wood brace.

There was a recall from Peugeot to replace all 4 window mechanisms in some countries.
You could check with your dealer.

In Australia they had a warranty extension to 5 or 6 years pretty fair all to old now .

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I think I’m pleased I offloaded my 508 at 6 years old with no failures (of window regulators or anything!)