508 seat movement

Glenn

Fellow Frogger
My son’s 2012 508 drivers seat has stopped moving. Are there any obvious electrical things to check? Looking at other forums suggest fuses but I have seen nothing specifically listed for this problem. Again from the hand book and the web there does not appear to be a fuse for the seat. Passenger side works fine.
How can you access the switch to test it?
Is there any way to disconnect the electricals and move the seat manually? Two different size people drive the car.
Thanks
Glenn

The wires chafed on the frame if you check the little fuse box on the firewall behind the push start button through the little panel that you put the key one will be blown ( not the main fuse box) what area are you in

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Don’t just replace the fuse those wires are very thick
You can’t manually move the seat if you try you will break it

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Great, thanks for the idea. Is it just a mattter of taping the wires?
The car is in Benalla, Vic. Looks like checking it out at the weekend.
Glenn

Yes it’s seat out job though you will find the wires that run near the top part of the seat base frame are worn sometimes you can repair it without removing the bum cushion

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

I have just checked out my 508 and can see the fuse panel - Peugeot certainly do not make it easy! The handbook says to use slight pressure to pull the cover down to get access so that is achievable.
Looking under the seat and there is a mass of wires which will need looking at. The next question is how do you get the seat out to do anything?? Any advice please?

I think I like working on my 403,404 and 504 better!

Glenn

I am sticking with my 205s, just upgraded to a better one which should last me for quite a few years. Maybe then go straight to electric?

That’s great gw
Glenn you can pull the cover off underneath to make it easier it is sometimes possible to pop a fuse in and move the seat without sitting on it and get it to a position to get the 4 torx out happy to give advice

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

How many electric motors are in these late models? Seems pointless to me, although such comments don't help Glenn I guess!

So far you are on the money! Son looked this morning and has found blown fuse. Thanks for the help.
Glenn

I wouldn’t comment if I didn’t know.
You can use the fuse blowing in a certain direction to figure out what wire it is but best to check all seat base ones.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

The 508 even has an electric arse scratcher, hence the mass of wires.

How many electric motors are in these late models? Seems pointless to me, although such comments don't help Glenn I guess!

Glenn, Mr McCurtayne is a Pug techo dude so he knows this stuff inside out. He's modest about it and won't say it so I have...so you know you can rely on the advice. A big asset here. (David, thanks for the fifty, sweet).

DMcCurtayne, i am sorry about such a long time before replying but my son has been away and I did not know the answers. Seat was removed but no obvious bare wire or pinched wires found but it is back together and working so far. I wonder if he has shifted wires enough to let it work without blowing the fuse. I also asked about a starting probroblem in another thread and yo suggested the battery - it has been replaced and all is good again. Also found corrosion on battery terminals. Thanks, Glenn