508 Radio & Nav Screen fault

Plasticbaldy

Tadpole
Just bought a 2013 508 with total failure of Radio & Nav Screen possibly because of incorrect reset after battery disconnection ? ? All fuses have been checked & are good. This is keyless start & I believe there is a reset procedure that may fix the problem.

There is can you hear the hard drive cycling when you turn the ignition on

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

There is no way to turn the ignition on on my keyless car other than start the car unless maybe pushing the start button without my foot on the brake so the dash lights up achieves this. If I start the car I think the engine sound will stop me hearing the hard drive. I’ll try when I get to the car tomorrow.
With the BSi reboot procedure mentioned on the Peter Cooper Car Repairs website it’s function is described thus :
“The BSi unit is basically a computer which
handles a multitude of functions such as
odometer value, central locking, lights and
immobiliser. Some later Bsi units are liable
to corrupt their own software program if
not “woken up” in a specific way after
programming keys or battery disconnection”

My vehicle’s fault is not with the functions listed above. It’s my radio & Nav screen which displays other things I’m not yet familiar with such as parking sensors.
I’m a bit nervous about interfering with functions that currently work like odometer, central locking, lights, & immobilizer by trying to reset BSi.

I’m aware that it’s a keyless yes u hit the button without the brakes

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

It’s not the bsi it’s a hard drive problem if you want to pm me I can give you some more info

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Thanks

I’ll pm. On further investigation the screen goes from black to dark grey (barely noticeable) if I attempt to turn the radio on. Also some faint CD reader type noises that repeat every 10 seconds irrespective of radio on or off selected or keyless fob location. This faint noise starts when I get in the car with or without the remote fob and repeats every 10 seconds for about 5 minutes before ceasing.

Last edited: