508 Multimedia Unit

chunt

Tadpole
Hello all. Just joined this group and wanted to get some advice if possible. I have a 2012 508 SW with a buggered multimedia head unit. This is the thing that gives you your audio, GPS, reverse camera and other bits of info. It plays no actual role in the function of the vehicle, but things just seem a bit quiet. I am told, reliably or otherwise, that the ROM chip is U/S and a replacement unit is the only answer. They are no longer available and seem quite rare second hand from wreckers or any other source. Peugeot also has to re-code the firmware so that a replacement unit talks to your VIN, but first you have to find one that matches.. Any thoughts would be most welcome. The part number on mine is 98 026557 80.

The units can be repaired at a few places in Europe but as I guess you know postage is a killer that unit is a dog anyway it really does very little for the cost most people who ask me now get told to put a android type unit in available on eBay etc and plug and play for less than a second hand genuine part.
Add a wireless car play dongle and you’ve got a better unit than most cars on the road

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thank you for that advice. When you say an android type unit, what is it by name you need to shop for? Also, is there a common cause for the original units to fail. Or are they just crap and give up the ghost after a few years?

All magneti radios are garbage I was doing these under warranty sometimes pre delivery the link I put up is exactly what you need

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time