508 LED Headlights

husky430

Fellow Frogger
Hi all, just got my third Pug with a 2016 508. Love the car and after 8 years with the 407 it's a nice step up with lots of bells and whistles and still got that fantastic fuel economy. My major disappointment is that it doesn't have LED headlights so was wondering if anyone has changed the bulbs over to LED in their 508's?

This comes up all the time. The problem is that the LED light source is not at the focal point of the reflector, so the beam usually becomes illegal. If you can find a complete LED headlight assembly from a car which had that option, do it that way.

One way to noticeably improve the output of standard halogen headlights is to fit Nightbreaker halogens:

Last edited:
The 508 had optional Xenon headlights, not LED.
A 2016 model should still have spares available so call your Peugeot dealer or EAI and see what the price is for the 6206.W6 and 6208.W6 Discharge Headlight Assemblies

1692317825667.png

Isn't it illegal to use Xenon headlights without a self levelling system plus headlight washers as well? Makes it a complex and expensive upgrade.

I'm not sure about the legality but I've installed led bulbs (H1 & H4) in my Citroen C5. The difference in lighting is amazing.

I'm not sure about the legality but I've installed led bulbs (H1 & H4) in my Citroen C5. The difference in lighting is amazing.
So is the level of annoyance for anyone h unfortunate enough to share the road with you. You never wondered if all that brightness was a bad idea for everyone else…? You never thought to check the legality?

Take them out and put halogen back in. Shit like that is illegal for a reason.

A LED bulb swap in a halogen reflector is almost certainly throwing a beam that glares in unlawful directions. Shine them at a wall about 6m away at the same level as the car, and see if the cut-off is appropriate. If it's too blatant a passing policeman may well defect you.

Hi all, just got my third Pug with a 2016 508. Love the car and after 8 years with the 407 it's a nice step up with lots of bells and whistles and still got that fantastic fuel economy. My major disappointment is that it doesn't have LED headlights so was wondering if anyone has changed the bulbs over to LED in their 508's?
Hi I tried to put LED,s in my 2013 508 but it cant be done due to the headlights not having a clip or another way of holding them in place as the led,s being heavier than the normal globe due the fan that they have . I put plus 130s in my 508 and they work very well .

I did check up against a wall after installing the h1 & H7 LED bulbs. They were no higher than the halogen globe beams, just brighter. Have passed multiple police on a recent trip from Sydney to GC, no issues, not even a flashed beam from any oncoming cars.

I did check up against a wall after installing the h1 & H7 LED bulbs. They were no higher than the halogen globe beams, just brighter. Have passed multiple police on a recent trip from Sydney to GC, no issues, not even a flashed beam from any oncoming cars.
sounds like you didn’t check beam pattern and glare.

My guess is the beam pattern is so poor it’s glaring down onto the road in front of you like a fog light and tricking you into thinking they’re brighter. But the reality is it’s worse and glaring.

People are just so used to shit lights these days with so many of these idiot retrofits around you’d spend half your evening flashing cars…

Anyway, TLDR is that only selfish twats use these stupid things. Don’t be a selfish twat.