508 Intermittent severe Clunk from 'R' to 'D'

johnnyc

Tadpole
Hi all.

I recently purchased a 2013 Peugeot 508 GT Wagon and I really enjoy all the features.

Have a few issues to work through but my main gripe is a severe 'clunk' when changing from Reverse back into Drive. The car has just had the Valve Body replaced which included a service of the trans.

The 'clunk' doesn't occur all the time, only around 6 out of every 10 time's I park the car etc. The 'clunk' also occurs when placed from 'N' to 'D'. (regardless of whether it;s been in 'R' prior)

I never 'rush' the car when parking, and I have even tried placing the car into 'N' after being in 'R' for 10 seconds prior to placing it back into 'D'.

The rev's are always low when this occurs and it's not as if I'm hitting the accelerator when parking. Occurs with no touching of the acc pedal (idle only).Car Car is generally always warmed up when this occurs. I don't really suspect low trans oil but could this be the case?

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks!

This has been a common issue with this box needs a valve body or if there is swarf in the oil needs a gearbox
The valve body is brand new and has just been replaced. It will be dropped back off to the trans shop next week.

I'm sure the transmission shop would've noticed swarf in the oil when replacing the vale body?! Hope so anyway...:oops:

Apart from the internals as mentioned above, did they tighten the gearbox engine mount when they finished?

Dave

Take the car for a really enthusiastic run (drive it like you stole it!) and I think you’ll find the gearbox will rectify itself. Seriously it worked for me on the 2 occasions my 2012 508 6-speed did this.

Take the car for a really enthusiastic run (drive it like you stole it!) and I think you’ll find the gearbox will rectify itself. Seriously it worked for me on the 2 occasions my 2012 508 6-speed did this.
Exactly, take it from L for Laying the rubber to D for doing the Drag or Doughnuts and then quickly change into R for Racing then back to N for No more problem. Repeat as many times as necessary. :headbanger"