508 in limp mode

tristoosam

Tadpole
Today car started to accelerate on her on and after hitting the brake it started with all sort of messages. Engine foult, gearbox foult , parking brake foult, anti roll back system foult,esp/asr system foult . on the other side, engine light is on, asp light, auto parking brake and service lights are on.
At the moment car is stuck with n 3rd gear and mav speed is 45km/h.
I don’t have obd tool. Is it still possible to reset ecu with some procedure?
Anyone in Perth with obd and have time to help..I’ll pay, of course.
Cheers

Given so many warnings across so many systems, you might be looking at failure of some critical component that all these things depend on, in which case reading codes won't help (they will pretty much repeat what the warning lights are telling you ).

Suggest getting battery tested - computers can play up if battery is dying. Another thought is to check the engine bay fuse box circuit board.

Cheers

Alec

Thank you Alec . On my way to check battery ... didn’t mention I have engine oil leak , maybe oil contaminated some sensors or connectors I will check that too.
I like battery idea ��

Here's a thread that covers the sort of issues you are facing - discusses 'proper' way to test battery. A Cit C5 X7 is a very close relative of your car : http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/126633-citroen-c5-x7-intermitant-errors.html

OK - talk of oil leak reminds me... Have read previously on Aussie Frogs (but can't find thread) that on some PSA models oil leaks along/inside the wiring harness - I think from a faulty oil pressure switch - back to the fuse box...

Yesterday I run over something on hway and maybe it was solid enough to hit bottom of my cat and cut some wires ...I am going to check that as well

What engine more initial info would be nice

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time