508 HDi 2012 gremlins

Glenn

Fellow Frogger
Son's 508 is causing concern. Go to start car, gauges flicker as normal but nothing happens with regard to actually starting. Dealer says "battery", RACV came to the rescue and said battery is fine. Non starting has happened a few times. Sometimes doors do not lock or door mirror does not fold in.

What are the Aussiefrogs suggestions please.

Glenn

Battery in the key as dealer has said main battery , does the car start if you put the key in the reader ?
Ignition switch module?

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thanks for this. This is the car that you diagnosed a seat blowing fuses a while back. Not sure about car strting when you put key in the reader but this sounds like what RACV guy did. I do not have easy access to the car to check suggestions.
Glenn

How did you go with the seat broken / cut wire ?
The reader is just to the right of the dash under the pull out. If it starts when in there it’s the key battery if not I would be doing the main battery these are critical.
Is the sat Nav upto date ?

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I had the same with my 508 GT - twice. Once, it was the battery in the keyfob; another time the car battery was reaching EOL.
As the keyfob battery charge got lower, starting the engine became inconsistent.
I found that sometimes placing the keyfob closer to the start button worked until I replaced the battery.