508 Gt Wagon

Our VIN code is VR3F45GGTMY before the number for the Peugeot 508GT Wagon and the Series 1 Citroën C5, it is VF7DEHRZE, I believe both ex Rennes France.

My 2020 model 508's VIN starts with VR3F..., and my previous 2015 model C5 X7 Tourer's VIN started with VF7R...

Drove a 508 turbo diesel for a few years
Loved it except two electric windows failed in that time costing about $1500 each to replace

Then the auto gear box started playing up … use to get stuck in 3rd or stuck in 5th …
Annoying

Lost 80pc of its value by the time I traded it in for an … SUV!

Drove a 508 turbo diesel for a few years
Loved it except two electric windows failed in that time costing about $1500 each to replace

Then the auto gear box started playing up … use to get stuck in 3rd or stuck in 5th …
Annoying

Lost 80pc of its value by the ti8me I traded it in for an … SUV!
Very sorry to to hear that Robjer. Window mechanisms now days, irrespective of what vehicle you refer to are all the much the same. In essence, a "winch spool " and cables that raise or lower the window.
$1500 per window is a bit steep. That's the price you have to pay if you are not prepared to argue or give it ago.
As for the gearbox, no comment. But to loose 80% of the original purchase does not make sense.
The replacement SUV, I could assure you has the same window drive mechanism. As for the gear box, depending on age difference, probably have the same gearbox, so you have not eliminated much, just unlucky to start of with.

New colour for the 508 GT, with Celebes Blue, I believe being dropped.
It is called Ink Blue, looks much the same to me but in any case, we'll will stay with Celebes Blue.
Anybody loking for one, check out Northern Peugeot.
Ignore the shadowing, a bit weird. I could ask for another / better photo if anybody is interested.

Attachments

• 664437172.jpg
    664437172.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 86
Update. After 2 years plus of Peugeot 508 ownership, we advise that we are quite happy with the choice we had made to get into a modern motor vehicle with all the bells and whistles that go with it irrespective of the badge. Whilst the badge we chose was Peugeot, we are sure that any equivalent priced vehicle (German, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean to name a few) would be on a par with our Peugeot on the technology side of motoring.
Took some time to get used all / some of those safety features that take effect a bit abruptly to my liking. For example, using cruise control, boy you know it, when someone cuts you off at 110kph on the highway and that lane changing alert took a while to eliminate / get used to that annoying tug on the steering wheel when nearing or crossing lane markings.
Recently, Melbourne to Sydney and return with some local motoring (that stuffs up the average), that 508 GT Wagon covered 1804 kms at an average speed in compliance with road rules using 106.16 litres of (95 oct) fuel costing $216,67. In litres per 100 kms, that equates to 5.85 l/100kms.
The only drawback if you could call it that is that the Citroen C5's suspension has spoilt us. Nothing can compare to it.
Cheers
John

Update. After 2 years plus of Peugeot 508 ownership, we advise that we are quite happy with the choice we had made to get into a modern motor vehicle with all the bells and whistles that go with it irrespective of the badge. Whilst the badge we chose was Peugeot, we are sure that any equivalent priced vehicle (German, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean to name a few) would be on a par with our Peugeot on the technology side of motoring.
Took some time to get used all / some of those safety features that take effect a bit abruptly to my liking. For example, using cruise control, boy you know it, when someone cuts you off at 110kph on the highway and that lane changing alert took a while to eliminate / get used to that annoying tug on the steering wheel when nearing or crossing lane markings.
Recently, Melbourne to Sydney and return with some local motoring (that stuffs up the average), that 508 GT Wagon covered 1804 kms at an average speed in compliance with road rules using 106.16 litres of (95 oct) fuel costing $216,67. In litres per 100 kms, that equates to 5.85 l/100kms.
The only drawback if you could call it that is that the Citroen C5's suspension has spoilt us. Nothing can compare to it.

Great to hear, John!

I am coming up on 4 years with my 508 GT sportswagon and still feel it's the best car I've owned. Cannot fault it.