505 Turbo Diesels

120L

Fellow Frogger
Hi

Were the 505 turbo diesels sold fully dressed up like the GTi with leather seats, alloys and front and rear spoilers?

Were many sold?

The series 2 505 2.5 litre diesel we had had the boot and front lip sploiler. It had cloth interior. Had alloys but different pattern top the GTI ones

I had (and I really regret selling) a 1986 505 SRDT which I believe was the last of the series 1 diesels.

It had the houndstooth blue cloth interior, 14" alloys (same as I have currently on my 504), but no spoiler on the front or boot lid.

Just putting it out there....this was a great car to drive. best air con, power windows.

I would love to track it down. From memory when I sold it back in the late 90's it went out to Chinchilla. Number plate was 101-PFI. I had an alloy bar on the front, LSD, sump guard, 604 springs in the rear, 40mm coil spacers in the front, rally style mudflaps, rola roof racks.

Memories. Here are some pictures. They are from Northern Territory when I drove from Brisbane - Mount Isa then via the Plenty Highway to Alice Springs then to Ayres Rock. (when I took it outback I used a set of steel wheels and light truck tyres).

Pug505 Plenty Highway.jpgPug505 Ayers Rock.jpg

^ I just checked that car's registration status, which you can do free, online. It is no longer registered in QLD.

We also loved our 84 SRDT which was the quietest of all the 505,s we owned in our family. Other than the oil leaks and the super smooth auto it was a sad day we sold her on to an old couple. That zf auto had never been touched and was just on 400,000 when we sold her. A great car design that still looks modern today, a classic.

Thanks for checking Beano....Might ask the car club if they know its whereabouts

Thank you all for your replies.

I've never driven one but I do like them, they were ground breaking cars.

A Series 2 with the 2.5 seems to go pretty well too.