505 radio lock code ???

hugboy

Fellow Frogger
my "88" 505 has a radio with a lock code
programed into it , when i purchased the car
I didn't get the code , is there a way to get it ????

That's a tricky one.

What brand is it?
Eurovox usually have a 4 digit code.
So I'm guessing you are completely "vibeless" at the present?

There have to be a serial number on it, so perhaps visit a Peugeot dealership & see if they can trace it.

My 205 had the original Clarion installed. I removed the battery one day, after I put it back in, it wanted a code, I didnt know this and ended up like you are now
frown.gif

Then I found in the original service booklet a pamphlet on the radio, and low and behold, there was the code......all this after I stuck a CD player in the car
smile.gif
either that, or check the roof of the glovebox.

Chipper

Ooo.....one other thing I have heard is to take the radio out, stick it in the freezer and this resets the security. You didnt hear it from me
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Chipper (edited 12 June 2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chipper:

Ooo.....one other thing I have heard is to take the radio out, stick it in the freezer and this resets the security. You didnt hear it from me
wink.gif

I like that. Were'd you hear of it?
Does it work?

Yeah

I am in the same boat with my 205 gti i will need to get a code for it somehow
I will be pulling my alpine out and putting the clarion in
They dont look like bad sterio dolby noise reduction and such
I couldn't tell u though i haver never heard the damm thing since i purchased the car six years a go
Might have to contact peugeot England i think they should have records
Did these 205 come from the uk after all they had the production lines for rhd in coventry

Murat

GibGib,

I have a mate who is an electronics technician (so's my old man) and a guy from a stereo store say the same thing to me
smile.gif
It may not work in all applications, but this is apparently a common trick they use when they have no code and need to reset the security
smile.gif

Murat,

Have you still got the original papers that came with the car? If so, the code may be in the Clarion instructions as my brothers 205 and mine both have this info with the handbook. Might be worth a look.

Chipper

have you tried a dealer yet. British & Continental Service claimed to have the ability to find codes based on VIN numbers.

Chipper,

I have got the owners manual and all the other usual books but not the clarion manual
If i do decide to sell it i might try the fridge LOL
I am close to completing the turbo and my mood changes daily wether to go through with it or not (Not much room in a 205)
Peter i have heard that they can track the codes with the vehicle vin numbers
I will try to find out.

Murat