505 mags

All the very best of luck John !!!

If i can offer you one suggestion, it would be to try NZ. 205 GTi 15" are pretty rare here, but in NZ, they are plentyful, and a touch cheaper (till they find out your from Oz)
wink.gif

Can only imagine 505 GTi mags are in the same boat.

Try : AA Wreckers 29 Victoria St, Onehunga, Auckland

Go to : www.motorparts.co.nz for ph and fax numbers

When I go to NZ early next year, I will be trying to hunt down some bits and pieces for my 205.

Chip
smile.gif

Edit for addy

[This message has been edited by Chipper (edited 03 July 2001).]

French Revolution in Austin, Texas has heaps of 505 15" alloy wheels (www.frenchrev.com). Unfortunately, they are on the other side of the planet.

Dave

I have been looking into this as well (see 505 tyres in Pug forum). My mechanic (Paul at Geogheghans in Sydney, knows 505s inside and out, recommendations plus plus!) and suggested that there are some aftermarket rims you can get. Although the Pug alloys (both series 1 and 2) are beautiful, they are very difficult to find and are not without problems (particularly the bloody metric ones!). If you want Paul's number let me know.

Simmons and numerous other 3 piece wheel manufacturers can make wheels to fit 505s, 504s and 604s.

I think it may also be possible to have the rim machined off a TRX 390mm 505 centre, and have the centre bolted onto a 15 inch alloy or steel rim. It may even be possible with a 16 inch rim. The wheel would then be a two or three piece wheel (depending on the rim design). Judging on previous work which I've had done by Circle Track Wheels, I'd imagine this conversion would be in the $350 to $500 per wheel range. Steel rims would probably be closer to $350, while alloys would be closer to $500.

Dave

PCD from 504 to 604 is 140mm

Just had a quick measure of a standard steel 605 rim and it had about 105mm inset - they are a 6" rim.

I've been pondering the prospects of modifying three sets of Datsun 200B SX rims I have, they have room for re-drilling the PCD and the inset is about right, but need a bit of a machine-out job in the boss to clear the front hubs (or maybe a 4mm spacer). Not a particularly good looking wheel, but like I say, I have them.

Strange thing is that I know where there's a full set of 15" wheels on a car in a paddock... but the guy thinks he'll use it again one day...

[This message has been edited by Ray Bell (edited 06 July 2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John black:
i am after a set of 15" 505 GTI mags or if these are not available a set of 14" would have to do
can trade 5 metric rims if any one wants them!!
john
hi john this is my first frog mail return so i hope it works.i can supply 15" or 14"mags for 505 have two cars just purchased but not sure of condition of mags yet.mostly i recon them before a sale but it would save you a lot of money if you took them as is.approx cost is 250.00 each for 15" or 180.00 each for 14".depends on condition.regards stuart.ps does this appear on frog forum or go just to you,i guess ill find out soon.

------------------

Charles,

Jeepers! In Sydney the 14" wheels usually sell for between $150 to $300 per set (NOT each!). I'd heared that there were alot of rich people in South Australia. Your post does nothing to dispel this stereotype.

Dave

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davemcbean:
Charles,

Jeepers! In Sydney the 14" wheels usually sell for between $150 to $300 per set (NOT each!). I'd heared that there were alot of rich people in South Australia. Your post does nothing to dispel this stereotype.

Dave
thanks dave for return,12 months ago i enquired about mags from guy in nsw and was told 250.00 each for series one gti and 300.00 for series two.did you know that brand new they retailed for approx 700.00 each,thats the 15" mags.ouch.have seen your return mail to everones questions,priveleged to have you as my first return.charles

Charles,

Yeah, I knew the 15" wheels were worth alot. They are in high demand and hard to find, so $250 each is probably fair.

14" wheels, however, don't seem to have much demand anymore, so $150 to $250 per set seems to be common.

Dave

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davemcbean:
Charles,

Yeah, I knew the 15" wheels were worth alot. They are in high demand and hard to find, so $250 each is probably fair.

14" wheels, however, don't seem to have much demand anymore, so $150 to $250 per set seems to be common.

Dave
i find guys want the 14" to save cost on the tyres or if they want to go outback with higher profile tyre to avoid damage and they are easier to pick up tyres in country towns.ps i have changed my user name to stuart.se ya.

In Melbourne the 14" wheels are usually thrown out due to zero demand! The ones that are really in demand are the 15" steel wheels from the late 505 wagon.
Regards Graham

Hard to say what wagon wheels are worth, there are never any for sale!
Regards, Graham

To John,

I may have the rims you are after!

I bought an older 505 with them on it - it has a few months rego to run, after which I may decide to wreck the car for its engine.

If you don't do any good before then, let me know.

They are the 15" type - I can take a pic of them and email it to you for reference etc. There are 5 off and are in pretty good shape.

------------------

I bought another Peugeot 505 SRDt on the weekend for my wife, and it is going to be here commuter car for the next few years, and it did not come with alloy wheels, and she wants the wheels on her car now. Sorry - I just got back yesterday from picking the car up in Nambour QLD (advertised on a Peugeot car club classified), We knew we were going to look at this car this weekend, but when I rang the owner, Hank, he said it had allow rims, so I did not think to delete the comment (if I can) from the forum.

[This message has been edited by peter stein (edited 01 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by peter stein (edited 01 August 2001).]