505 GTi wagon wont run past idle

You have to be extremely careful throwing things int the sea..BECAUSE THEY WILL SAY IT CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING AND THE SEA LEVEL RISING...WHY..BECAUSE NOTHING HAS DONE SO YET..HAS IT ???/NO IT HAS NOT CHEERS.

You have to be extremely careful throwing things int the sea..BECAUSE THEY WILL SAY IT CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING AND THE SEA LEVEL RISING...WHY..BECAUSE NOTHING HAS DONE SO YET..HAS IT ???/NO IT HAS NOT CHEERS.

:roflmao::roflmao::crazy::adrink:

505 GTi running issues

Hi all. I hope someone out there can help me. i have a 505 GTi 1990 wagon. she was running perfectly. a few months ago, i decided to try to fix the dash panel under the drivers side, which was hanging a bit low, making it really difficult to access the bonnet release. zip tied a few things up to solid bars, carefully avoiding any wiring. (double checking this, all seems fine) drove her a short distance - all ok. the next day, started beautifully as ever, but wont rev past about 1750, missing, backfiring and almost cutting out. thus started the checking and replacing! replaced plugs, no change, checked them and all fine. tested HT leads, fine. pulled dizzy cap off, seemed fine, no cracks. fuel is fine. checked for air leaks, none. seems we have tried everything and nothing is making a difference. i think a few other things were checked, but i cant remember now! one website suggests it is often the last thing you did before having problems, ie under the dash. is there anything under there that could be causing this problem? thanks in advance if you can help. Michele.

Check the wiring to the O2 sensor. I think from memory the fuse is behind the dash ash tray and you may have inadvertently disturbed the wiring connectors at the rear by tying up cables etc

Does the o2 sensor make that much difference to the fuel trim that the engine wont run past a certain speed???
I know that an idle fuel map will stop a motor from reving at high load, but i suspect an o2 sensor on an antiquated ecu wont.
Jo