505 familiale, 1986 model.

Ray Bell

Fellow Frogger
Came across this today, a green automatic wagon powered by an XN6 engine that's been done up recently after suffering head corrosion. The head was replaced.

I don't know how much they want for it, it is in Brisbane, it's straight, it has some chips etc in the paintwork and a bit of splitting in the driver's seat, but otherwise it's a very honest and well preserved car. No visible rust at all.

I gave the guy a sticker and told him to advertise it here, but he hasn't so far. Anyone wanting to know more should ring me on 0411 280 267 before Sunday 3pm and I will give you more details if I can... and put you in touch if you want.

In the interim, if the owner joins up and posts here, I've seen the car to verify it's quite a good rig.

SLi? I thought it was called the XN6... but I could be wrong, after all, I live back in the Kugelfischer days.

It's an XN engine with the TI style head and electronic fool injection. The inlet manifold turns sharply upward and then goes into a plenum that must just about kiss the bonnet. The oil filler cap off a 203 has been put on the rocker cover.

Ray Bell:
SLi? I thought it was called the XN6... but I could be wrong, after all, I live back in the Kugelfischer days.

It's an XN engine with the TI style head and electronic fool injection. The inlet manifold turns sharply upward and then goes into a plenum that must just about kiss the bonnet. The oil filler cap off a 203 has been put on the rocker cover.
Hi Ray. The engine is an XN6. The vehicle is an sLi . (just like mine)

A good one usually goes for $5K to $6K in Melbourne at present.

Cheers

Rod

I thought so, Rod, thanks...

The owners will probably be happy to hear those figures, though they haven't posted here yet.

I've had no phone calls either. Anyone who's interested should ring me and I'll tell you where to get in touch.

I don't think it will be long before it's hawked off to a dealer somewhere for a $3,000 profit margin to be added to the price.

Ray Bell:
I just hope I can get one of those rocker covers one day...
I reckon they'd be a pain in the back side.

One of the great things about these engines is how quickly the oil runs into the sump (with the gauze removed), due to the filler going straight in there. To clear the injection manifold better, you just cut the filler where it comes
out of the block and join it together with a length of hose and mount the filler part on the inner guard (the same applies to twin weber conversions). The Goodwin brother's ex-Roley Pym 504 rally car has this conversion. In my opinion it makes alot more sense than having the filler in the rocker cover.

Dave