505 engine transplant

Sonofbear

Fellow Frogger
I am a new pug fan with a 505 sedan who wishes to know which engine/box conversions are simplest to complete legally in QLD. I'm mainly interested in OHC or DOHC turbocharged motors. All info much appreciated including some more unusual conversions, ie rover V8 or windsor. Thanx.

Presumably you have a 'slogger'... an XN type engine with the iron block and lying drunkenly in there trying to look like half a V8?

The later SOHC engine will do you some good, and if you contact Owen Wuillemin he can give you some information about upgrading the injection and stuff.

Best prospect is to buy a wreck and just transfer the stuff across, you'll readily see the changes you'll have to make and have all the bits you need... exhaust, mounts, radiator etc.

When you're done, can I score your sump?

Also, there is a brand new 1987 V6 engine for sale in Finland, if you want to go through the aggro of getting that and putting it in.

ok,

What about an SR20DET? Twin cam, same displacement, turbo charged, a nissan front cut shouldnt set you back that much.

Toyota 1ggze?...prolly a bit rare now, but its a twin cam 6 of 2.0 litres and supercharged.

Nissan RB20/25 DET would fall in the same catagory. Even an RB30 should fit, although not turbo, it would give it some poke.

And the GM/Buick V6 (as per my previous post) in 3.8 litres, weighs less than a Pug 2.0 litre diesel.

There is plenty of room in the bay, so all of these should fit.

Chipper

Why not try a 604 engine with auto trans, this will probably cost $100 or so and bolt straight in. To this uninspiring combination add a Turbo and a Gas Research LPG system. The result will be awesome (and legal) performance. There are two cars in Melbourne that have gone this route.

Regards, Graham Wallis