505 2 litre elec gremlin

BigH

Fellow Frogger
1981 2 litre carby 505 electrical gremlin.

All blinkers flashing very fast.
All globes are working.
Hazard lights working at correct intervals.
Fuses checked. Earth from battery checked to body, to engine as well as multiple earth fitting behind left hand headlight.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also central locking not working except for drivers door which will remotely unlock but not lock.

Have you got a spare flasher unit you could substitute for the current one ?

I can't remember where the 505 one is located, but I guess you could just follow the noise...

I suspect that the hazard lights work through the flasher can and they are working perfectly.

Have you got a spare flasher unit you could substitute for the current one ?

I can't remember where the 505 one is located, but I guess you could just follow the noise...

I suspect that the hazard lights work through the flasher can and they are working perfectly.

You will need the correct flasher unit or you will have the problems that you have now.

I would check which flasher you have and make sure it is the correct one, if not the change it for the correct one.

My parents had an EA Falcon years ago. After towing a trailer with lights connected, indicators would behave as you describe. Hazards normal. Replacing the flasher can fixed it, but it would happen again after towing. I'm not sure what the reason for it was

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Took out the front indicators and tested the 4 bulbs. All fine.
Decided to replace with new bulbs. Now working perfectly...…………... But why...………?
I don't think I have heard the last of this.
Thanks to everyone for your help.

PS The original indicator bulbs are orange the ones in now are clear..,??????

Have you checked for corrosion on the electrical contacts?

Took out the front indicators and tested the 4 bulbs. All fine.
Decided to replace with new bulbs. Now working perfectly...…………... But why...………?
I don't think I have heard the last of this.
Thanks to everyone for your help.

PS The original indicator bulbs are orange the ones in now are clear..,??????

If not LED the originals may have been 5 watts not twenty? LEDS draw almost zero current and will cause the flashers to speed up and 5 watt globes will have a similar effect.

Sounds like an earthing problem.
Take earth terminals off and rough up surfaces with 100 grit sandpaper. Refit with vaseline on all contacts.