505 2.2 litre engine available

davemcbean

Guru
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
If anyone is interested there's a 505 with a 2.2 litre engine in it, at Pick n' Payless wreckers in Tatersall Rd Blacktown (west Sydney). The price of 4 cylinder injected engines there is supposed to be $280, but this could probably be knocked down.

I'm not sure if any water has got in the engine (car has no bonnet), but the hose from the throttle body to the airflow meter is still attached, so I think the engine would have been reasonably well sealed against the rain.

This 505 has an auto gearbox.

I'm not sure how much longer this car will be there, because it has been there for a while and is probably due to go to the crusher soon.

There's also a Fuego with the engine still in it, close to the 505.

There used to be quite a few Fuegos there, but not anymore. 504's, R12's and R16's also used to be common there, but now they have almost all gone to the crusher.

Regards,
Dave

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davemcbean:
If anyone is interested there's a 505 with a 2.2 litre engine in it, at Pick n' Payless wreckers in Tatersall Rd Blacktown (west Sydney). The price of 4 cylinder injected engines there is supposed to be $280, but this could probably be knocked down.

I'm not sure if any water has got in the engine (car has no bonnet), but the hose from the throttle body to the airflow meter is still attached, so I think the engine would have been reasonably well sealed against the rain.

This 505 has an auto gearbox.

I'm not sure how much longer this car will be there, because it has been there for a while and is probably due to go to the crusher soon.

There's also a Fuego with the engine still in it, close to the 505.

There used to be quite a few Fuegos there, but not anymore. 504's, R12's and R16's also used to be common there, but now they have almost all gone to the crusher.

Regards,
Dave

hi dave. you were right i live in the the wrong state,we still pay approx 600.00 for a 2.2 motor in south aust.would pay to pick it up even with transport costs.

Sorry, too late! I went there on Monday afternoon and the 505 had already gone to the crusher.

I know some of the Arab traders used to have a deal with the wrecker owner for Peugeot stuff that wasn't taken at crusher time, so maybe they took the engine.
I should have posted my message a few days earlier, but then again the 505 may have been crushed the day after the previous time I went their (previous tuesday).

They've crushed so much good stuff at that wreckers (heaps of 16TS engines, good taillights and headlights etc), because the Euro stuff is very slow moving and many of the cars are crushed after 3 months regardless of whether they are stripped or not (that 505 still had alot of stuff on it, as did the 504 diesel which dissapeared at the same time). They just rely on high turn over to make a profit. They don't remove much from the cars themselves apart from engines for some of the more high demand cars (which they stack in a shed out of the rain).

Dave